Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Book review: Something from Tiffany's - by Melissa Hill

Wouldn't you love to go to New York on a romantic Christmas trip and get a special present bought at Tiffany's? But what if the present turns to be totally different from what you had expected? And do you believe fate sometimes guides our actions and can lead us to the one who's really meant for us?

I’ll be honest: I bought this book because I LOVE Tiffany (although I’ve never actually been there, but I’d love to, and I’m sure I’d feel like Holly Golightly when I’d finally manage to walk through those doors), and because I liked the cover. Never judge a book by its cover, I know, shame on me, but a book cover is the first thing that catches my eye when I check the shelves in a bookshop and, even though it happened a few times that I was attracted towards a book by its cover but then, after reading the blurb on the jacket cover, I ended up putting it back onto the shelves, in this case I put it in my shopping bag.

It sounded just right: a romantic Christmas trip to New York, an engagement ring bought in Tiffany’s, in short everything a girl dreams of (or is it just hopelessly romantic me who does?). Please don’t be biased though: it’s definitely NOT the ordinary love story, set in a nice New York Christmas setting with an obvious ending. It might sound like it, because it opens with Ethan, an English widower, who is spending the Christmas holiday with his daughter and his girlfriend in New York and goes to Tiffany to buy her an engagement ring, to surprise her on Christmas day; but what happens after he leaves Tiffany’s will turn his life upside-down, as well as the lives of another couple holidaying in New York, and will make the most unpredictable and hilarious things happen.

The story is so entertaining, you won’t get bored and won’t feel like skipping ahead; page after page, you’ll be so engrossed in the story and in the events that involve the characters, that you’ll be sorry to have to put it down to go to sleep – well, I was.

Expect the unexpected, right until the very last page.






Have you read Something From Tiffany's? Leave a comment and let me know what you thought of it. 

0 commenti:

Post a Comment