Sunday, December 2, 2012

Updates on my novel

What do you do when your manuscript is over? When you've edited it a hundred times, you know every line by heart (and you almost feel like an actor who's had to learn the lines of a movie) and you wish you could go on writing, because you just can't let your characters go, as in the meantime they've almost become your best friends?


Well, that's more or less how I feel right now.


Yes, my manuscript is (finally) finished. And it's been professionally edited, so I've spent the day checking the notes and comments by my editor (man, it feels so good to say "my editor" - it makes me feel like a REAL writer!) and now I'm done and I almost feel lost. So, well, all I can say is WOW, I've finally made it! I'm only a few steps away from making my dream come true; in only a few weeks I'll (hopefully) be a published author, indie author or whatever you want to call me. What's really important is that I will finally be able to share my stories with the world and I've never been more excited (well, apart from the day I met Nicholas Sparks!). Nobody, apart from my editor, has read my novel so far (being in English, it's hard for friends and family members to read it, since they don't speak the language, and they would never give honest reviews anyway), and I'm really looking forward to receiving comments on it - good or bad. Actually, I'm well aware that I'm likely to receive bad reviews too (I'm trying to be realistic, here, although I hope I'll receive good ones too) but I'm not scared about this, as I'm confident they will only help me improve as a writer and as a person.


I've published an excerpt in the "excerpts section" - I deleted the previous one and, as you can see, I've also changed the title (The sound of love was already taken).


I'd love it if you would check it out and leave a comment. It'd be nice to get feedback before I officially publish my novel.


Thanks!


The melody in our hearts - excerpt

0 commenti:

Post a Comment