Saturday, November 2, 2013

Book review: Wait for you by J. Lynn

I read this book a few months ago and have just realized I never wrote a review on my blog, although I did write one on Goodreads and Amazon. Shame on me! So here it is.

Ever since buying a Kindle I’ve discovered some amazing books and most of the times totally by chance. The possibility to download a sample before buying the complete book is one of the best features Amazon offers so, even though I’d heard a lot of good reviews about his book, I decided to download the sample first and decide for myself. Needless to say, I bought the ebook as soon as I reached the end of the sample; I didn’t even stop to think about whether I should or shouldn’t buy it: I one-clicked right away.

Wait For You is a romance with a great amount of drama. Avery is a girl who’s running away from a painful event in her past and from a town where gossip and mean looks caused her to severely hurt herself. In order to start anew in a place where nobody knows who she is or what happened to her, she leaves Texas to move to attend college in West Virginia. Everything seems to be going fine until she literally collides with Cameron Hamilton, high school heartbreaker, and her world starts spinning. When she eventually finds out that he lives in her same building and on her same floor, things get complicated. Cam’s not used to getting “no” for an answer and he has his mind set on Avery, while all she wants is to stay away from people and keep a low profile. Her secrets haunt her and she can’t tell him her story because she’s scared he’ll run away. So she pushes him away and tries to make him think she’s not interested in him but he does everything in his power (including baking some great cookies) to break through her walls.

Avery is a great heroine and there’s a lot of growth throughout the book. When we first meet her, she’s a broken girl who’s trying to hide from the world but as soon as Cam enters the scene and her world, things start to change. It’s a slow process, it doesn’t happen overnight and sometimes it’ll make you want to scream, but by the end of the book Avery is much stronger than she was at the beginning.


Cam. I have seriously been daydreaming about him for days after I finished the book. When I read the sample, he had me at “sweetheart”, just like most of the girls who’ve read this book. And the scene with Raphael the turtle? I was at work and couldn’t stop seeing images of him standing outside his apartment door holding a turtle. You should read the book just for that. The first thing I did when I went home that night was one-click and buy the book. I simply HAD to read more about him. He’s handsome (blue eyes, dark hair – YAY!), funny, a little cocky and… he bakes cookies! I mean, how cool is a guy who bakes cookies to win the heart of a girl he’s fallen for?

The book has great dialogue; I loved their banter and highlighted most of it (I rarely highlight on my Kindle but I have half this book highlighted). Cam made me laugh out loud most of the time and even days after I finished the book I had to go back and re-read the parts I’d highlighted – and still laughed.

The chemistry between them is at WOW levels. I’m happy they didn’t fall head over heels in chapter one and that it took them a while to get together. They start off being friends, even though the pull between them is quite tangible, and once Avery pulls down her walls well, they can’t keep their hands off each other. It gets pretty hot at some point and a little graphic too, just so you know, but it definitely didn’t bother me like other books I recently read and that only earned two or three stars at the most because it was just too much.

Wait For You is a very emotional read, a beautiful story of love and trust, with a very hot hero as a bonus. Now I can’t wait to read Trust In Me, the story told in Cam’s point of view.

Would I recommend this book? Hell, yeah!










Have you read Wait For You already? Leave a comment and let me know what you thought of it.

0 commenti:

Post a Comment