Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Blog tour: Compromising Positions by Mary Whitney

Compromising Positions Blog Tour Banner



We weren’t supposed to be friends. We weren’t even supposed to like each other.
I’m Michael Grath. I’ll admit I was elected to Congress on my Republican family history. I was out to make a name for myself, until I met Jessie Clark, a spitfire Democrat.
She’d be my nemesis, if I could just stop flirting with her. We’ve got nothing and everything in common, and one big issue that divides us. All of this is going to land us in more than one compromising position.
So like I said, we weren’t supposed to be friends, we weren’t even supposed to like each other, and we certainly weren’t supposed to fall in love.



DREAM CAST PICKED BY THE AUTHOR:

 

MICHAEL GRATH is Ryan Gosling

 

JESSIE CLARK is Keira Knightley

 

LARRY WINGREN is Anthony Mackie

 

TRISH WINGREN is Charlize Theron



This is the second time I host Mary Whitney and her books in my blog and I'm very happy I did. Once again, I enjoyed getting lost in her stories, even though to be honest I know absolutely nothing about politics and I'm pretty dumb when it comes to understand anything about that. I barely have a grasp of what's happening in my country and how things work, so don't ask me to understand how politics work in a foreign country if you don't want my brain to explode. Anyway, even though I didn't always understand what was going on, I enjoyed it all the same - plus, Mary has a way of explaining things for dumbs like me, without making it feel like a "Politics 101" book, which is good.

Compromising Positions is a nice romance, without much angst or drama. There are a bit of ups and downs that make the story flow and the reader interested, but it won't have you gasp in fear or pull out your hair in desperation. Although, at one point in the story I really wanted to scream at both of them for being so stubborn! :)

I really liked Michael and Jessie, both separately and as a couple. Michael is, well, he's just HOT. I guess he's the only politician I've ever found hot and that says a lot! :) Even though he has it all and is the all-American man, I love how he's willing to jeopardize everything for love. I loved this sweet, romantic side of him that comes out when he meets Jessie.

Jessie is a great heroine. She's a tough woman who's worked hard to get to where she is, especially in a men's world. I particularly liked the way she stood by her decisions and beliefs even when she was torn between Michael and her career. I loved that she didn't let her feelings for Michael cloud her judgment and change her mind.

A special mention for the side characters, Trish and Larry because they were simply awesome!
If I can find a flaw, I didn't like it that we didn't get to see what happened when their secret was revealed to the world. The fast-forward didn't work too well for me, because it left me wanting for more. Apart from this, I enjoyed reading this political romance and I would recommend it even to readers who know nothing about politics! :)







author pic

Mary blames Laura Ingalls Wilder and Margaret Mitchell for her obsession with romance novels. At an early age, Mary fell in love with the Little House series and its dreamy hero, Almanzo Wilder, who only wanted Laura to be Laura. Like many women, Mary later graduated to the ultimate, tall and dark bad boy, Rhett Butler, who loved Scarlett despite her flaws.
Mary has lived in many parts of the U.S., and after a first career in the non-profit world and politics, she’s settled in Northern California with her husband and daughters. She spends her days writing characters she hopes somehow capture the romance of Rhett and Scarlett and Almanzo and Laura. She’s a firm believer in what Rhett says to Scarlett:“You should be kissed and by someone who knows how.”






Compromising Positions Final Ebook  Cover







0 commenti:

Post a Comment