Friday, February 7, 2014

Release event: Wind Chime Café by Sophie Moss


Title: Wind Chime Café 
Genre: Adult Contemporary Romance 
Release Date: February 7, 2014


When single mother, Annie Malone, purchases a quirky Main Street café on Heron Island, she thinks she’s finally turned her dream of opening her own restaurant into a reality. Hearing rumors that a developer is about to build a five-star resort on the sleepy Chesapeake Bay island, she plans to transform the café into a premier upscale bistro. But Navy SEAL, Will Dozier, has no intention of selling his grandparents’ property to a developer. Back on Heron Island for the first time in ten years and secretly struggling with PTSD, Will decides that a fling with the new girl is the perfect way to help him “get his head straight.” The last thing Will expects is to fall in love…with his hometown and with Annie. But Will’s life and career are in San Diego with the SEALs. Can Annie’s love and the healing magic of the island be enough to convince him to stay?





Yes! Sophie did it again! From the author of the Selkie Trilogy, Sophie Moss (if the name sounds familiar, check out my reviews or The Selkie Spell and The Selkie Enchantress) comes another great trilogy. This time though, it's not set on a remote Irish isle - where I'd love to move - but in a small island in Maine - where I'd love to move, too. Okay, I can't make up my mind, so what?

Sophie has been kind enough to gift an ARC to me so I've already read this a couple of weeks ago and... well, here's my review at last!

I have to admit I love Sophie's writing style so I was pretty sure I was going to like this book too. The thing when you start a new trilogy by the same author is that you're still living in the previous books and are still sort of attached to the characters, so becoming fond of new ones can be hard. Not if you read a book by Sophie Moss, though. I immediately grew fond of Annie and Taylor, and obviously fell for Will the minute he entered the scene. She has a way of describing places and characters in such a way that you'll actually be able to see the scenes unfold in front of your eyes as if it were a movie.

As you know by following my blog, I'm very fond of Ireland (fond being an understatement) so it was easy for me to LOVE the Selkie Spell at once, since it was set on an Irish isle. I've never been to Maine, although I've watched every single episode of Murder, she wrote which is supposedly set in Maine (although I read the actual movie setting was in California? DUH!). Anyway, even though I have no idea what Maine looks like, I could see it all in front of my eyes, smell the delicious scent of Della's sweet rolls, feel the salty wind on my face, see the monarch butterflies and their beautiful colors. When I finished the book, I wanted to move to Heron Island. Words can't really express the emotions I felt while reading this book - you'll have to read it and find out for yourselves.

The story has a high level of chemistry without the need of graphic sex scenes that have become so popular in most of the books I've read recently, and this earns Sophie at least 100 extra points. Just like in the Selkie books, Sophie manages to capture the emotions and spark the heat between the two main characters with deeply emotional scenes, without all the annoying graphic details that sometimes really take me away from the main story. I love that there are still authors who can do this, who can create a connection using emotions instead of sex - for people like me who haven't read (and will probably never read) Fifty Shades and prefer the romantic Prince Charming over the badass alpha male this brings a great relief.

I loved Taylor, Annie's daughter; she's super cute and I spent half the book wanting to hug her. Her relationship with Will was lovely (and he was so hot when he was around Taylor!) Oh, and I loved that a dog was an important character in the story too. The way Taylor got attached to it was super cute. :)
I enjoyed every bit of this book, although I have to say that the fast forward bit at the end left me wanting for more (I can't tell you what happened or I'll spoil it for you, but I would've loved to read about what happened during those six weeks...)

I'm really looking forward to reading the next book in the series, which from what I've heard, it's going to be about Colin and Becca, two great side characters I truly loved. (Now, what is it with all these HOT army men these days? LOL).

Go grab a copy of Wind Chime Café, you won't be disappointed. And if you stop by Sophie's new website, you'll find some of the recipes mentioned in the book. YUM! :)








Sophie Moss is an award-winning author of four full-length romance novels. Known for her captivating Irish fantasy romances and heartwarming contemporary romances with realistic characters and unique island settings, her books have appeared twice in USA Today. As a former journalist, Sophie has been writing professionally for over ten years. She currently lives in San Diego,California, where she’s working on her next novel. When she’s not writing, she’s walking the beach, testing out a new dessert recipe, or fiddling in her garden. Sophie loves to hear from readers. Email her at sophiemosswrites@gmail.com or visit her website at sophiemossauthor.com.









0 commenti:

Post a Comment