Thursday, July 10, 2014

Blog tour: Always Rayne by Sierra Avalon

Always Rayne blog tour banner



Would you spend ten days traveling the country with someone you despised if he promised to pay off your student loans?
Recent college graduate, Harper Leigh, can barely make ends meet working as the books editor for a new online entertainment magazine, Chatter. With $85,000 of student loan debt about to go into repayment, she has no idea how she’ll get by.
Just when she thinks things couldn’t get worse, Harper’s boss decides to embed her in the North American tour for the hot rock band, Always Rayne. Ten days on the road with the band for her to get an exclusive story. But Harper’s a homebody and the last thing she wants to do is go on the road with a rock band. And she definitely doesn’t want to spend ten days with the notorious bad boy and band front man, Nic Rayne.
When Nic proves to be too much for Harper to handle and she threatens to quit the assignment, Nic decides to sweeten the pot. If she stays with the tour for all ten days, he’ll pay off all of her student loan debt….but there’s one small catch.
Harper also has to sleep in his bed every night.


SIERRA AVALON writes contemporary romance novels with a little sass and lots of spice. She lives in a small town outside of Phoenix, Arizona with her husband and their bloodhounds.



As a stop in her blog tour, I’m hosting in the Indie Author Interview Corner a romance author whose book tours I’ve hosted before, although under different pen names. Dear readers, please welcome Sierra Avalon, author of “Always Rayne”.


Hello Sierra! Welcome to Roberta’s Dreamworld and thank you for your time. First of all, tell us something about yourself, both as a writer and as a person.

I am an optioned screenwriter, produced playwright and the author of 26 books. I write romance novels under a number of pen names. ALWAYS RAYNE is my first Sierra Avalon novel. I live in a small town outside Phoenix, Arizona with my husband and our bloodhounds.


How/when did you realize you wanted to become a writer?

I learned to read at a very young age (about four years old) and I immediately told my mom I wanted to be a writer.


Let’s speak about “Always Rayne”. We’ve read the synopsis, but can you tell us a little more in detail what the book is about?

ALWAYS RAYNE is a New Adult rock star romance about a recent college graduate who dresses like a “hippy librarian” and is forced to go on tour with a rock band for her job. Despite all of her resistance, she eventually falls for Nic Rayne, the sexy lead singer of the band, Always Rayne.
I like to think of the book as fast-paced and fun. I hope reader will find it humorous and sexy!

How did you come up with the idea and how did you create the characters?

I’m sure this will sound weird but I actually found the cover for the book online while I was browsing cover artist websites. As soon as I saw the cover, I knew I had to write a story for it!


If you should describe your books in three words, what would you pick?

Fast-paced, Fun and Spicy

You write under two more pen names, am I right? Why did you choose to use so many different pen names and how do you manage to keep the correct style for each pen name?

I really didn’t intend to write under so many pen names, it just happened! I started out writing as Dakota Madison and over time I developed a brand in which I was starting to address social issues (such as suicide and treatment of people with disabilities) in the context of romance novels. When the New Year started, I had an idea to write a series that revolved around four sexy brothers and their country music band. The series didn’t exactly fit into the brand I had established for Dakota Madison, so I created Savannah Young. I thought the name had more of a “country” feel to it. And then when I decided to write ALWAYS RAYNE, which is a New Adult rock star romance, it didn’t fit with Dakota Madison or Savannah Young’s brands, so Sierra Avalon was born. 


Do you have any favorite authors and did they influence your choice of the genre?


Like most fans of the New Adult romance sub-genre, I enjoy Colleen Hoover and Tammara Webber. After reading Slammed by Colleen Hoover, I knew I wanted to write romance novels.

What else do you enjoy doing, when you’re not writing?

Reading! (Is there a writer alive who doesn’t say that? J) I also like to spend time with my husband. We watch movies and play trivia. We play with our bloodhounds. We also like to ride our bikes.


As a writer do you get support from your family and friends?

I get a lot of support from family and friends including: editing and proofreading; cover design; beta reading and word-of-mouth advertising for my books.


Why did you decide to self-publish and how did you find the experience?

I actually started my own publishing company. Along with my own work, I also publish the work of 10 other authors. It’s extremely time consuming. It can be difficult to balance everything because I also work full-time as a university professor.


Indie authors don’t get to have a dedicated marketing team and professionals to look after the marketing of their books. How did you spread the news about your books and did it work?

I spend a lot of time on marketing. Some things work, others don’t. And not all things work for every book. I do a lot of blog tours. I connect with people on Facebook and Twitter. I blog as much as I can. I also do some advertising. The thing that’s most difficult to accept is that you never know which books will sell and which will fail to find a market.


What are your dreams and plans for your future as a writer?

I want to reach as many readers as possible. And I love to hear from readers, especially when they tell me that they’ve enjoyed my work.


Would you like to say something to the readers to encourage them to read your books?

I know that every person’s time is valuable so I try to write books that are fast-paced and fun. I think the worst thing a writer can be is boring. I want readers to feel entertained by my work.




FB button FINALtwitter button FinalWebsite buttonGoodreadsFINAL

Goodreads Button with Shadow


Always Rayne is the first book in a rock-star series. If you’ve been following me and have read my reviews, you know I don’t like alpha male, womanizers and that kind of heroes, so when Nic Rayne entered the story I was totally on Harper’s side. The first few scenes starring Nic made me scrunch up my nose and think, just like Harper did, that he was a pompous jerk without a brain and not my type of book boyfriend at all. I felt very connected to Harper, maybe because I’m a bookworm too, who prefers comfortable clothes to skimpy skirts and tops, so I totally shared her point of view on Nic.


Little by little, as the story evolved and I got to know the real Nic, my walls slowly went down just like Harper’s. I mean, a handsome guy who quotes lines from books and owns a private library with thousands of books? I’m definitely in love! :)

I still didn’t like Nic’s womanizing behavior, but I sort of understood a little better why he did it. I loved the way he treated Harper and how cute he was when he shed the bad-boy persona, and after the library scene, well, he won me over.

I felt some things happened a little too soon and things between them changed a little too quickly – Nic seemed to go from womanizer to boyfriend material in the blink of an eye and Harper changed her opinion of him almost overnight – but since the author herself described the book as fast-paced, it makes sense that she didn’t drag the story on and on.

There are sex scenes and colourful language, but it fits in with the storyline so it’s okay. I enjoyed the story and I will definitely read the other books in the series.
I would recommend this book to fans of new adult genre as well as to the fans of rock-star romance.




Always Rayne

Amazon Finalsmashwords button FINAL


July 7


July 8


July 9


July 10


July 11


always rayne Blog Tour Button


promotionsbutton with TRIM

0 commenti:

Post a Comment