Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Book blitz: Word Play by Amalie Silver

Word Play Release day



Book Title: Word Play
Author: Amalie Silver 
Genre: Romantic Comedy 
Release Date: July 15, 2014 




Smut sells. Michael Rourke learned this the hard way. Struggling to make ends meet as a mystery writer, he sold his soul - and his pride - as he pedaled sex and lust writing under the pen name Christoph Strong. No one knew he was the one behind the steamy stories on the bestsellers lists. And he planned to keep it that way. Until he met her. Monica Singer, an infamous blogger, is keen to discover the truth of his secret identity. During a chance meeting at a book convention, Michael and Monica form an instant connection. And soon, an innocent online friendship becomes something so much more. But as Michael starts to let his guard down, he doesn’t realize that the person he's learning to trust may be hiding secrets of her own. Secrets that could ultimately destroy everything.

  

Amalie lives in the Midwest with her husband and two children. When she's not writing, she enjoys crosswords, Scrabble, and playing games with her kids.


 
FB button FINALtwitter button FinalGoodreadsFINALgoogle plus button FINAL

Goodreads Button with Shadow






release day 99 cent promo copy




If you’ve been following my blog for a while, before it was not very nicely suspended by Wordpress, you know I’m not a fan of erotica. I’ve never read 50 Shades and probably never will. I like heroes to be romantic, stories to be sweet and if there have to be sex scenes for the sake of the story, I don’t like them to be graphic. “Leave it to the imagination” for me works better than “describe it in detail”. I signed for the blitz of Word Play because the blurb sounded like it would be a fun read and it was promoted as “romantic comedy” - but I was tempted to put down the book a page in the prologue. I decided to read on past the very graphic and very detailed sex scene that made me scrunch up my nose (I know I’ll sound like a prude now but it’s a real pet peeve of mine in romance novels). Once I reached chapter one and I realized this was simply a chapter in the erotica book the hero was writing, I decided to read on, even though I didn’t like the hero in the least. He was portrayed as a lazy alcoholic, not very keen to take care of his appearance and after yet another detailed sex scenes in the ladies’, that involved him, I contemplated putting the book down.

Luckily, this is when the heroine enters the story and the dual POV starts. I got hooked in the story and wanted to know what would happen next, how things would develop between them and how they were going to tell each other their big secrets. Eventually the story got a little better, although there were still some sex scenes but at least this time they were between the hero and the heroine.

The reason for my rating is that, in spite of the erotica references thrown into the story that totally turned me off, the plot was entertaining, there was definitely a lot of character growth and I loved the heroine. I’m glad the author decided to use the dual POV because I don’t think I would’ve enjoyed the book had it been only in Michael’s POV. The heroine definitely saved the story. 

If you’re unlike me and don’t mind the use of very colourful language and graphic sex scenes, you will enjoy this book because it is a fun story and I liked the Happy Ending.







promotionsbutton with TRIM


0 commenti:

Post a Comment