Monday, August 4, 2014

Blog tour: One Hot Second by Stacy Gail

One Hot Second Blog Tour Banner

One Hot Second
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Release Date: August 5, 2014



Parker Radclyffe is up against a wall. Thorne Mansion, the mysterious Italianate castle she's come to Texas to restore, isn't the problem. No matter how intriguing the relic is, it's merely an ember compared to the blazing magnetism of its owner, Chandler Thorne.
When his family mansion burned down, Chandler had to watch over a hundred years of proud history go up in smoke. After more than a year, he finally has everything in place to rebuild, including a renowned conservation architect to oversee the
restoration. But when he lays eyes on Parker he realizes he's gotten more than he paid for. Maybe more than he can handle.

Parker is a military brat who never sits still long enough to get burned. Chandler is her opposite, a man with deep roots and deeper family secrets. It won't be easy to find the common ground it takes to build a home together, but Chandler is a Thorne in every sense. He plans to stick with Parker until she sees that love is more than worth the risk.






Author photo A competitive figure skater from the age of eight, Stacy Gail began writing stories in between events to pass the time. By the age of fourteen, she told her parents she was either going to be a figure skating coach who was also a published romance writer, or a romance writer who was also a skating pro. Now with a day job of playing on the ice with her students, and writing everything from steampunk to cyberpunk, contemporary to paranormal at night, both dreams have come true.



WEBSITE | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | INSTAGRAM | 
PINTEREST | GOODREADS |





My next guest in the Indie Author Interview Corner is a romance author. Dear readers, please welcome Stacy Gail, author of “One Hot Second”.

Hello Stacy! Welcome to Roberta’s Dreamworld and thank you for your time. First of all, tell us something about yourself, both as a writer and as a person.

Before I begin, I’d just like to thank you so much for allowing me to hang out in your Dreamworld! I’ll try and be a good guest (but with me, you never know, heh ;) )
Hmm, about me. I guess it’s safe to say I’m a lover, not a fighter, and that’s why I write romance.  Gimme the love, baby. <3

How/when did you realize you wanted to become a writer? 

It was never a conscious decision. I was a competitive figure skater, and in between events I would either read or rewrite the books I’d just read (kiddie books never ended up with kissing scenes, so I always wrote them in :D)  Eventually I wrote my own stories, and… here I am. Ta-da!

Let’s speak about One Hot Second. Can you tell us a little about what the book is about?

Parker Radclyffe, the heroine, is arguably the best conservation architect in the world. She’s been hired by the wealthy owner of a town’s newspaper, Chandler Thorne, to reconstruct a family property. Ultimately she discovers a royal scandal threading through this unassuming Texas town. She also discovers how quickly a determined man like Chandler can heat up an already sweltering Texas summer. This is either the hottest summer fling on record, or it could be something built to last for all time.

How did you come up with the idea and how did you create the characters?

Crazy super-personal fact: There’s always been a TOTALLY UNFOUNDED rumor that my father’s family has royal roots. I’ve often imagined what PITA problems that would cause, so it was a kick to plop that idea right in the middle of a dinky South Texas town. Chandler is a reflection of the hidden gems that can be found in unexpected places, and I’m in love with how relentless he is in his pursuit of Parker, a woman who (on the surface) appears to be his exact opposite.

Is this book a standalone or is it part of a series? 

Errrr… Yes? No? Maybe? Heehee, let me explain.  Technically speaking, ONE HOT SECOND is the third book in the Bitterthorn, Texas series, BUT!... all the books in this series are standalones. They just happen to take place in the same small town of Bitterthorn. I hope that makes sense. :)

If you should describe your books in three words, what would you pick?

Sigh…worthy…endings. :D

Do you have any favorite authors and did they influence your choice of the genre?

I was about 11 or 12 when I stole a romance book off my mother’s nightstand—a Nora Roberts book, to be precise. Her writing hooked me on the genre for all time. 

What else do you enjoy doing, when you’re not writing? 

I love to ice skate! I now coach competitive figure skaters as well as do choreography, and that keeps me pretty busy.  If I’m not writing, I’m probably on the ice.  Or at Starbucks. :P

As a writer do you get support from your family and friends?

Lordy, YES. In fact, ONE HOT SECOND is dedicated to a member of my girl posse known as the Dirty Birdies. My crazy friends always have highly imaginative suggestions when it comes to my writing, if you know what I mean. *winkwink*

You published this book through Carina Press. How did you find the experience and would you recommend it to other authors who are looking to publish their books?

My love for Carina knows no bounds! I was recently offered my 10th contract with them in three years, so that shows you how loyal I am to them. Even though I’m about to also head out into indie waters later in August, I hope to always work with the legendary Harlequin editor, Angela James (who’s also the editor for awesome powerhouse authors like Shannon Stacey and Lauren Dane).

What are your dreams and plans for your future as a writer?

Plan-wise, I keep things realistic. Producing 3-4 books per year is totally doable for me. My goal for each book is to make my readers feel something, from suffering heartache, to book-throwing fury, to giddy tears of joy.  More than anything, I want to take my readers on a wild emotional roller coaster ride, and (I hope) enjoy every minute of it.  If I can’t get the feels going, I’m not doing it right.

Buuuut, if we’re talking about publishing goals for the next 12 months, I need to make a list:

August 4th: ONE HOT SECOND (Carina Press)
August 25th: INKED ANTHOLOGY (Indie debut, squeeee!!!!one!1!)
October (date TBA): HOUSE OF PAYNE (Indie solo release, OMG OMG OMG)
November (date TBA): WHERE THERE’S A WILL (Carina Press)
December: …….Massive nervous breakdown @_@

Would you like to say something to the readers to encourage them to read your books?

Buy my books! Heh, just kidding (sort of :P ). If you believe that love has the power to conquer all, and that it’s worth all the tears, pain and growth that comes with the journey of finding love, then give my books a try. We’re probably a good fit. ;)



Carina_0814_9781426898785_OneHotSecond

| AMAZON | ITUNESB&N | GOOGLE PLAY |








August 4

August 5

August 6

August 7

August 8

August 11

August 12

August 13


August 15


promotionsbutton with TRIM

0 commenti:

Post a Comment