Monday, August 25, 2014

Blog tour: Red, White & Screwed by Holly Bush





Political strategist Glenda Nelson is having a meltdown. Her handpicked, very married Congressional candidate was just caught climbing out of the window of the Sleepytown Motel, and her philandering ex-husband seems to have the most to gain from the colossal scandal that follows. As Glenda attempts to salvage the campaign in a hotly contested race, conservative and liberal pundits pounce on the story to further their own agendas.

Glenda’s love life is nonexistent to say the least, that is, until she meets handsome artist Chris Goodrich. Chris’s easy-going, carefree outlook on life couldn’t be more different than the 90-mph crazy train that is Glenda’s, but the more time she spends with him, the more she craves his calming presence, his sexy smile, and his steamy embraces. Is Chris worth taking a chance on?

Between the pressure of full-blown spin control mode, rapidly declining job security, refereeing two teenagers, caring for aging parents, and spending hours on her therapist’s couch trying to get past her ex’s crushing betrayal, Glenda finds love and makes the long trek back to happy.






Holly Bush writes historical romance set on the American Prairie, in Victorian England and recently released her first Contemporary Romance. Her books are described as emotional, with heartfelt, sexy romance. She makes her home with her husband in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania. Connect with Holly at www.hollybushbooks.com and on Twitter @hollybushbooks and on Facebook at Holly Bush. 


WEBSITE | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | GOODREADS |



Hello Holly! Welcome to Roberta’s Dreamworld and thank you for your time. First of all, tell us something about yourself, both as a writer and as a person.

Hello Roberta and thank you for having me. I’ve been writing for quite a few years and have found it to be intensely enjoyable and frustrating all at the same time. Enjoyable when the words are really flowing and my fingers are flying across my keyboard, and just as frustrating when I can’t see my way to the next scene.I’m married and the mother of two daughters, and live in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania. 

How/when did you realize you wanted to become a writer? 

I didn’t have an ‘A Ha’ type moment. I had just finished reading a book, this was years and years ago, and one of the minor characters in that book really stuck in my head. I had a legal pad and pen beside my bed because I’d been outlining a work project and I picked up the notebook and started writing down what I saw in my head happening to that secondary character. Then I couldn’t stop!

Let’s speak about “Red, White & Screwed”. We’ve read the synopsis but can you tell us a little more about what the book is about?

At the heart of Glenda’s story is a woman coming to accept herself for what she’s accomplished, as well as the mistakes that she’s made. I think lots of women, myself included, really hang on to our missteps and I think it colors the way we look at everything and lowers our self-confidence. And there is no doubt that confident people are more successful. Pretty soon our lowered self-esteem or just circumstances leadus to an error or misjudgment and, bang, suddenly we feel like we can’t do anything right. This story is about Glenda finding her lost confidence as she makes the long trek back to happy. 

How did you come up with the idea and how did you create the characters?

Readers ask me this question quite a bit and I tell them the same thing every time. I don’t have the foggiest! I see a person in my head doing something and can’t stop myself from wondering who they are and what they’re doing. In Red, White & Screwed, I saw a forty-something woman in a business suit running across a building’s parking lot, shouting back and forth with a man in the doorway of the building. I wondered who she was and why was she running. Who was the man in the doorway? And then I started writing!

If you should describe your books in three words, what would you pick?

Emotional.Genuine.Funny.

Do you have any favorite authors and did they influence your choice of the genre?

I’m a Mary Balogh addict. Mary’s characters just jump off the page, and I can hear their voices, and feel their pain and their joy. Two of her books are in my top ten all-time list. I’m also a fan of Maggie Osborn and Lorraine Heath and they definitely influenced my first three books. I call them Prairie Romances because they aren’t really set in the west but are all set in the mid-west during the mid to late 1800’s, and they are some of my most popular books!

What else do you enjoy doing, when you’re not writing? 

I’m a gardener, flowers and vegetables, and am a bit of a history nut. I finished Doris Kearns Goodwin’s non-fiction “Team of Rivals” not too long ago. It’s about Abraham Lincoln and his rivals for the presidency. It was fabulous! 

As a writer do you get support from your family and friends?

Yes, very much so. My husband and daughters have always been my champions when I get discouraged. I don’t believe I could, or would, write without them. 

What are your dreams and plans for your future as a writer?

I hope to keep seeing characters in my head who want me to tell their story!

Would you like to say something to the readers to encourage them to read your books?

I know that it can be difficult, or even overwhelming, to find a new writer that suits you, especially with the changes in publishing brought on by self-publishing. I’ve been very fortunate to a have gained a large number of readers who like my books and are willing to share their opinion on a review site or with a friend. I hope you’ll give my books a try and please remember to tell a friend about any new author you find and love. 




AMAZON US | B&N | KOBO | ITUNES |


$25.00 Amazon or B&N Gift Card



a Rafflecopter giveaway

2 commenti: