Thursday, September 4, 2014

Book tour: Worth The Fall by Claudia Connor



Worth The Fall
The McKinney Brothers # 1
By: Claudia Connor  
Releasing September 9th, 2014
Loveswept 




Prepare to be swept away by a talented debut author with a passionate, powerful story to tell.

They meet on a beach. . . . Abby Davis isn’t wearing a skimpy bikini or sipping umbrella drinks, not when she’s busy chasing around four little ones. And Matt McKinney isn’t looking for fun—he’s a Navy SEAL, a grown man with a long list of missions . . . and fallen brothers.

They only have a week. . . . Abby has brought her children to this beach to start over, to give them the enjoyable memories they deserve. Matt’s been sidelined by a combat injury, and haunted by the best friend he lost and the promise he made: to remain a SEAL—focused and dedicated. This leaves no time for what he’s always wanted: a family.

But a week is all it takes. . . . Matt opens her heart while Abby soothes his soul. And though they plan to say good-bye when the week is over, something magical happens on that beach, something neither can forget. Something utterly, completely worth falling for.





Claudia Connor attended Auburn University, where she received her undergraduate and masters degrees in early childhood education, and completed her studies in Sawbridgeworth, England. Always a lover of happy endings, she enjoys movies, reading, and spending her days putting on paper the stories in her head. She lives near Memphis, Tennessee, with her husband and three daughters.



FACEBOOK | TWITTER | GOODREADS |




Hello Claudia! Welcome to Roberta’s Dreamworld and thank you for your time. First of all, tell us something about yourself, both as a writer and as a person.

Hi. Thank you so much for having me. I just started writing a few years ago, though I’ve always been a big reader. I majored in Early Childhood Education and taught kindergarten and first grade on and off for ten years. I married my first love and we have three daughters. Three teenage daughters. Yes. Say a prayer for me.

How/when did you realize you wanted to become a writer? 

I never considered myself a writer or even wanted to be a writer, BUT I’ve always had stories in my head. I see them in a flash like I’m watching a full color movie. I’ll catch myself staring out the window, smiling. Or even crying. One day I described the above to my friend, thinking everyone did that.She gave me a really strange look and said, “No. That’s not normal. Maybe you should try writing it down.” So I did. :)

Let’s speak about “Worth The Fall". We’ve read the synopsis but can you tell us a little more about what the book is about?

Sure. Worth The Fall is a love story, plain and simple, though love is never simple. Abby and Matt are two people with no other reason to be together and many reasons to be apart. Matt is a Navy SEAL hero with skills, badassness and an intense sense of responsibility, but he’s also a man with so much love to give. He’s just never found anyone he wanted to give it to. Until Abby. But Abby’s been left all her life and knows she can’t watch another person walk away from her.

So it’s about falling in love, making choices and taking chances. It’s also about believing you’re enough, believing you’re worthy of what’s being offered. I absolutely LOVE these characters. I spent three years with them before I ever considered writing their story, then almost three more years writing it. Any minute of any day I can pop into their lives, be a fly on the wall. I’m lucky because, for me, it’s like watching your favorite movie that never ends. Hopefully when people read the book they’ll feel the same. 

How did you come up with the idea and how did you create the characters?

Well, this goes back to the first question. I don't really feel like I come up with anything or create anyone, as odd as that may sound. I only try my best to write down what I see and fill in any blanks the characters leave. Though sometimes those blanks are more like craters, black holes. I watch and listen and write down what they say and do and think, and hope I do them justice. I was talking to my husband about book two recently, noticed “the look” and I said, “What? I’m not making this up!” He got a very scared look on his face and said maybe this was a conversation better had with my “writer friends.” LOL I can be scary. 

If you should describe your books in three words, what would you pick?

Hmm…Sweet. Hot. Angsty. 

Do you have any favorite authors and did they influence your choice of the genre?

I have TONS of favorite authors and I’m sure they all influenced me through osmosis. Let’s see…Kristan Higgins, Susan Elizabeth Phillips, Linda Howard, Sharon Sala, Catherine Anderson, J.D. Robb ( Nora Roberts) Christine Feehan, just to name a few.

What else do you enjoy doing, when you’re not writing? 

I love watching TV. My husband and I have gotten into a habit of finding a show then watching the entire thing straight through a couple of episodes each night. We recently flew through every season of Game Of Thrones and just finished both seasons of Vikings. Now we’re sad. My all time favorite show was Alias. Oh, the ROMANCE!!! I own that and have re-watched with each of my daughters when they hit their teens. I LOVE going to movies. Gladiator is my all time number one favorite movie. I think at last count I’d seen it 14 times. If you haven’t seen it, GO NOW. I promise you will thank me!!! And of course, I love to read. Though there aren’t many hours in the day, not even on the weekend, that I’m not working, thinking, plotting, rewriting, or driving my children to activities.

As a writer do you get support from your family and friends?

Yes. I absolutely couldn't do this without a supportive husband. And children too. My husband cooks, goes to the store, does laundry, etc. I pay my seventeen year old daughter to do the grocery shopping. :) Sometimes teens are awesome! My husband is very understanding of the time I spend working. Though he’s not much help figuring out the story line other than to suggest I add more strippers. Funny, because as of yet I have no strippers, but that’s still his standard advice. Oh, and if the hero and heroine are having trouble, he always says she’s probably not having sex with him enough. Jeez. You know nothing, I tell him. Then I huff back to my cave to help them work out their problems.

What are your dreams and plans for your future as a writer?

I plan to keep writing down these stories I see for as long as I see them. There’s already such a line of heroes not so patiently waiting their turn I’ll never get to them all. My dreams…hmm…for Nora Roberts to call me on the phone and say my book was the best book she ever read and she’d love me to fly up and have coffee with her. ;) Just kidding. Kind of. Really, I just dream that people will fall in live with my characters. That’s all.

Would you like to say something to the readers to encourage them to read your books?

If you’re looking for a new book boyfriend to obsess over, Matt is your man! Seriously, it’s a beautiful love story, so if that makes you happy, then I think you’ll love it.

Thank you so much for having me. 

I LOVE hearing from readers so please find me, stalk me, or message me anywhere I can be found! Thank you:)




AMAZON | B&N | ITUNES |


$25 Gift Card to eRetailer of Choice 

and Digital copy of WORTH THE FALL



a Rafflecopter giveaway




3 commenti:

  1. I was blown away by this story and it's characters! It was a joy to read, and I highly recommended to all my book friends. Your voice is amazing is amazing Ms. Connor. Can't wait for your next book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Pat! So very much!!!;))

    ReplyDelete