Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Blog tour: A Princess By Christmas by Jennifer Faye


A Princess by Christmas
By: Jennifer Faye 
Releasing October 1st, 2014
Harlequin


A royal kiss under the mistletoe… 

Prince Alexandro Castanovo arrives in snowy New York intent on protecting his royal family from scandal. And when Reese Harding—down-to-earth and heart-stoppingly beautiful—finds room for him at her inn, it seems like the perfect twist of fate. 

Not long ago Reese's world came crumbling down, shaking her foundations. But this enigmatic stranger intrigues her! She's learned to be wary of secrets…but when she discovers Alex's true identity, might there be enough magic in the air to make this regular American girl a princess by Christmas…?











Award-winning author, Jennifer Faye pens fun, heartwarming romances. Jennifer has won the RT Book Reviews Reviewers' Choice Award, named a TOP PICK author, and been nominated for numerous awards. Now living her dream, she resides with her patient husband, amazing daughter (the other remarkable daughter is off chasing her own dreams) and two spoiled cats. She'd love to hear from you via JenniferFaye.com




Hello Jennifer! Welcome to Roberta’s Dreamworld and thank you for your time. First of all, tell us something about yourself, both as a writer and as a person.

Hi. :-) Thanks so much for having me. I’m a wife, a mother and a lover of animals…especially cats. I try to fit fur babies into as many stories as possible.

How/when did you realize you wanted to become a writer? 

I’ve wanted to be a writer since I was a kid writing stories in elementary school and passing them around the lunch table.

Let’s speak about “A Princess By Christmas”. We’ve read the synopsis but can you tell us a little more about what the book is about?

A PRINCESS BY CHRISTMAS is about an ordinary girl who finds herself in an extraordinary situation—it isn’t every day a prince stays at her inn. And that’s just the beginning of this romantic adventure that will span the globe.

How did you come up with the idea and how did you create the characters?

I knew I wanted to write a book about a prince. That’s all I knew when I started plotting this book. From there I kept asking myself “Why?”. If I ask that question enough times, I’ll usually end up with the characters and the premise of the story.

If you should describe your books in three words, what would you pick?

Fun, quirky, heartwarming.

Do you have any favorite authors and did they influence your choice of the genre?

I have a number of authors that I enjoy but my choice of genre came from my love of romance and where my voice naturally fits in.


What else do you enjoy doing, when you’re not writing? 

Needlework. I’ve been working a needle as far back as I can remember. My grandmother took the time to teach me. I love to cross-stitch, embroider, needlepoint, hardanger, crewel and quilt.

As a writer do you get support from your family and friends?

Yes. My hubby is the MOST supportive person ever!!! He even reads every single one of my books. This is saying a lot because romance isn’t his cup of tea. He’d rather be reading Lee Child or Tom Clancy. Don’t ask him which of my books is his favorite because it leads to a long debate of I really like this about this book but I enjoyed this about another book. LOL. You never do get a straight answer.

What are your dreams and plans for your future as a writer?

I try not to look too far into the future—you never know what it holds. Right now, I have a lot of irons in the fire, including an exciting surprise that I’ll be sharing more about real soon. Right now, I’m enjoying my writing one day at a time.

Would you like to say something to the readers to encourage them to read your books?

If you enjoy feel-good love stories that will span the globe and bring a smile to your heart then you might consider trying a Jennifer Faye romance. You can find out more about my books on my website. :-)



WEBSITE | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | GOODREADS |




Who hasn’t dreamt as a child to meet a charming prince and become a princess? If you’re raising your hand and saying, “me” than maybe this book isn’t for you.
If, on the other hand, you’re like me and have grown up watching Disney movies and dreaming of being swept away by a handsome prince just like all the female characters in those movies, you should grab a copy of this book.
A Princess By Christmas is a modern fairytale, featuring Reese, an independent American woman struggling to make ends meet and save her family inn from the debts her father left behind when he died, and Alexandro, a handsome Mediterranean prince in disguise who’s travelling to New York to take away the attention of the paparazzi from a scandal looming over his royal family back home. If he becomes the target for the paparazzi, they’ll be too busy to go dig into his twin brother’s (and crown prince) life, so all he needs to do is spread rumours about him having fallen in love with an American girl and they’ll follow him to New York. There’s only one problem: he hasn’t found a fake girlfriend yet – but when he meets Reese, the owner of the inn he’s booked a stay in, his immediate attraction to her throw him a little off kilter. As a member of the royal family, he has duties and expectations – falling in love is not on his agenda. Neither is on Reese’s.
As they start to get closer, the attraction gets harder to ignore and when Alex is forced to tell Reese the truth, things become even more complicated. It’s all supposed to be a charade, and Reese doesn’t want to give her heart to Alex, no matter how charming he is but when the line between reality and pretense blurs, can they keep to their initial plan and part ways as soon as the situation has been fixed?
This book is a very quick read that I managed to start and finish over a weekend. The Christmas atmosphere gives it that little bit of magic, but it’s okay to read it throughout the year because it’s not your typical Christmas story – especially since Reese ends up spending Christmas day on a Mediterranean isle with palm trees and blue skies.
I enjoyed the book, even though I felt there could have been a little more character development, as it seems that both characters changed their beliefs and attitudes almost too quickly. Apart from this, which is only my personal view, I liked the story and I would recommend it to all those readers who enjoy a clean, modern fairytale with no angst or tension. If you like sweet romance, you will like this book.







AMAZON | B&N | KOBO | ITUNES |



Click to check out the other stops



$25 Amazon Gift Card
and 3 digital copies of A PRINCESS BY CHRISTMAS



a Rafflecopter giveaway




2 commenti: