Monday, November 3, 2014

Blog tour: Christmas At Twilight by Lori Wilde


Christmas at Twilight
Twilight, Texas # 5 
By: Lori Wilde
Releasing October 28th, 2014
Avon Romance




It's Christmas in Twilight, Texas. The Cookie Club is baking, the town is decorated, and Delta Force Operator "Hutch" Hutchinson has finally, reluctantly, returned home . . .

. . . only to get pepper sprayed by the delicious- looking stranger who's taken over his house. She says her name is Jane, and she immediately sets down ground rules. Top priority: no touching. For Hutch that isn't easy—he was wounded in action, but one part is still working very well.

Then Hutch learns the truth. Jane harbors a frightening secret—she's really Meredith Sommers, on the run from a dangerous ex-husband and desperately in need of the safety Hutch can provide. In that moment, he vows he'd do anything in his power to protect her. And as Christmas approaches, they discover that their love can conquer the past and overcome any obstacle—but what price will they pay?





Lori Wilde is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of over 70 works of romantic fiction. She is a two-time RITA award nominee, a four time Romantic Times Reviewers’ Choice nominee and has won numerous other awards. She earned a bachelor’s degree in nursing from Texas Christian University and holds a certificate in nursing forensics. An animal lover, Lori is owned by several pets, and lives in Texas with her husband, Bill.



Hello Lori! Welcome to Roberta’s Dreamworld and thank you for your time. First of all, tell us something about yourself, both as a writer and as a person.
How/when did you realize you wanted to become a writer? 

When I was seven years old my father took me to a booksigning. It was the first time I realized real people wrote the books I loved. That was the moment I wanted to be a writer.

Let’s speak about CHRISTMAS AT TWILIGHT. We’ve read the synopsis but can you tell us a little more about what the book is about?

This book is very dear to my heart. I wrote it not only as a love letter to our servicemen and women in the throes of PTSD, but as a vehicle for my own healing. My family, like so many others, has been touched by mental illness and my younger brother, a former Navy seaman, suffered from bipolar 1 and committed suicide at age forty. I wrote the book to give hope to sufferers of mental and emotional disorders. If my book encourages just one person to reach out of help, I would consider it the accomplishment of my lifetime.

How did you come up with the idea and how did you create the characters?

I knew I wanted to write about a Delta Force Operator with PTSD. My writer’s mind immediately said, “What’s the most challenging thing I can do to him?” The answer: Make him responsible for a little girl. Since Hutch is psychologically mute from the trauma he’s suffered, I knew he’d have to have help taking care of the little girl. From there, Meredith Sommers and her young son, Ben were created. 

If you should describe your books in three words, what would you pick?

Heartfelt, warm, inviting.

Do you have any favorite authors and did they influence your choice of the genre?

I have so many favorite authors it’s hard to name them because the list is endless. Stephen King, Mark Twain, John Irving, Amy Tan, Anne Tyler, Laura Ingalls Wilder, Mary Stewart, The Brontes, John Steinbeck, Harper Lee, Margaret Mitchell to mention a few. I’ve read so widely and in so many genres, I can’t say that any one author influenced my choice of genre.

What else do you enjoy doing, when you’re not writing? 

Yoga is my new passion. I love to cook and try new recipes. I love watching movies. My husband and I like to camp, although at my age the motorhome is my idea of roughing it.

As a writer do you get support from your family and friends?

Yes. I surround myself with encouraging people. No one needs a naysayer hanging around.

What are your dreams and plans for your future as a writer?

I’d like to tell richer, deeper stories like CHRISTMAS AT TWILIGHT. While I enjoy the light, fun romances I’ve done in the past, I want to take more time with my writing and lead a more balanced life that will also enrich my stories.

Would you like to say something to the readers to encourage them to read your books?

My goal as a writer is to create a tale  that will sweep you away from your own problems and into a world where love always conquers all.



WEBSITE | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | GOODREADS |



Wow. What a ride. I couldn’t put it down, and I’m glad I started it over the weekend, because it would’ve been hard to have to leave it waiting until I was home from work.
This was one of those books you can’t stop reading but at the same time you don’t want to finish, so I was torn between “just one more chapter” and “I should stop reading or it will end too soon”.
This was my first book by this author, so I didn’t know what to expect, but now I know I will definitely read more of her books, especially those in the Twilight series. I’m a sucker for small town romance, and Twilight, a small town in Texas, sounds like a lovely place to be.
The book starts in the hero’s POV, which is different from most of the books I’ve read. Usually the story starts with the heroine, so you can connect with her and then see the hero through her eyes when he enters the story. Since the hero is an injured veteran with a lot of baggage from his last mission, I couldn’t really connect with him straight away. Sure, I was sorry for him and I felt his pain, but it wasn’t love at first sight and didn’t find myself already rooting for him. However, I was curious to know how the author would manage to pull me in, and I have to say I wasn’t disappointed. Brian “Hutch” Hutchinson quickly managed to win me over and earn my respect within a couple of chapters.
As for Meredith, the heroine, I liked her straight away, as soon as we get to know her. Even though she’s on the run from an abusive ex-husband, she’s strong and not one of those whiney heroines waiting to be rescued by Prince Charming. She’s a great mother and would do anything to keep her son safe and away from her ex, and even when she realizes she’s starting to feel something for Hutch, she puts her son’s safety first, even if this could mean leaving Hutch behind and nursing a bad case of heartbreak. 
In spite of Hutch’s temporary disability, their early interactions are great. Seeing how frustrated Hutch got when he couldn’t express himself without his Magic Slate, and how they managed to live together and feel at ease with each other anyway was heart-warming.
I loved the chemistry between them, and how it quickly developed into something deeper than simply physical attraction. I particularly enjoyed how the author managed to build the chemistry and heat between them without the need for graphic or descriptive scenes. I enjoyed those parts so much more because of the lack of graphic details. 
The two little kids, Ben, Meredith’s son, and Kimmie, Hutch’s niece were adorable. They provided for lots of cute family moments and I loved seeing how a badass Delta Force soldier turned all sweet and loving with the two kids.
But in spite of what you may think, it’s not a lovey-dovey kind of story, with the hero and heroine who overcome their obstacles (Meredith being on the run and Hutch not being able to speak) and live happily ever after, because when you think they’re just about to get their happy ending, things get complicated and there are a few chapters that will keep you on the edge of your seat, holding your breath.
I cannot say more without spoiling the whole story for you, so you’ll just have to trust me and buy this book. In spite of the title, it’s not really a Christmas romance that you will need to read during Christmas time to enjoy. It’s set around Christmas, but the holidays aren’t really a big, important part of the story, so you can enjoy this even as you’re lying on a beach in July. It’s a story that lovers of classic romance will enjoy all year long.
I liked how the author managed to create an original story even though the “domestic abuse” theme has been used by many other authors. I didn’t feel there were any clichés or situations I’d already read somewhere else. It was a unique story in spite of the overused theme.
When I reached the last page, I felt completely lost as I wasn’t ready to let go of these wonderful characters and story, and I really hope that maybe in one of the next books in the series the author will decide to include them as secondary characters. I would love to read more of Meredith and Hutch as a family.









AMAZON | B&N | KOBO | ITUNES |



Click to check out the other stops



$25.00 eGift Card to Choice Book Seller


a Rafflecopter giveaway




4 commenti:

  1. Hi, thanks so much for featuring me today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, thanks so much for featuring me today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for hosting today! Great Interview!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was a wonderful amazing read. It touched my heart in so many ways. I felt so emotional at the end of this book, but in a good way. Lori Wilde is the best...

    ReplyDelete