Saturday, December 20, 2014

Book blitz: Wilde Times by Savannah Young

wilde times review blitz

Wilde Times by Savannah Young
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Release Date: October 5th, 2014
Hosted by: Book Enthusiast Promotions 



WILDE TIMES is the fourth and final novel in the spicy contemporary romance series about four sexy brothers, their small-town bar and their local country band. WILDE TIMES can be read as a STAND ALONE NOVEL or as part of the SERIES.

In high school, Jake Wilde was the star football player, who led his team to win the state championship. Now ten years later he’s the manger of his family’s bar, Haymakers, but the residents of rural Old Town still talk about his glory days in high school.

Harley Davis was always the girl-next-door…literally. Her family was neighbors with the Wilde family and the Wilde boys treated her like the little sister they never had. But Harley spent her adolescence dreaming that she’d one day be Jake Wilde’s girl.

She never anticipated that she’d be one of the many girls Jake sleeps with. It breaks Harley’s heart a little bit more every time Jake hooks up with someone other than her, which happens on a regular basis.

How much longer will Harley believe that having even a small piece of Jake is better than having no Jake at all?






Romance novelist Savannah Young grew up in rural northwest New Jersey in a place very similar to the fictional Old Town, which is featured in her books. When she's not at her computer creating spicy stories, Savannah is traveling to exotic locales or spending time with her husband and their bloodhounds. Savannah also writes under the pen names Dakota Madison, Sierra Avalon and Ren Monterrey.


WEBSITE | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | GOODREADS | 




This is exactly the book I was hoping for Jake's story. In the previous books he appeared to be a rather shallow man, the one who didn't think twice about seducing women and forgetting about them the moment they walked out the door. Definitely not my cup of tea! From book one, my favorite Wilde brother has always been Cooper, the serious, Wall Street hotshot who showered his fiancée with love and attention, something Jake would never be able to do.
I was really curious to find out if the author would find a way for Jake to redeem himself in my eyes and I have to say, she succeeded! I thought I'd never get to like Jake in the least, but with this trip inside his mind, I finally understood his actions, even though I didn't like them or approve them.
I loved seeing the part of Jake that nobody gets to see, because he hides is very well behind a love'em and leave'em attitude.
As for Harley, she too turns out to be a totally different character than the one I'd come to learn in the three previous books. She was always a little nasty with the heroines in the other books, but in this one, we get to see that she's not as bad as she seemed. She's actually sweet underneath the skimpy clothes, and I warmed a lot to her.
I obviously didn't like the ways Jake tried to break her heart. His actions drove me nuts and I wished I could slap him, but once he stopped acting like an idiot he definitely redeemed himself and his actions made me like him a little more than I did in the first three books.
Since this is Jake's book (the epitome of womanizer) it's obviously not a clean romance; there are sex scenes and some language, but it's less steamy than I thought, which helped me enjoy the story more than it would, had there been too many graphic scenes.
Out of the four books in the series, this is my second favorite, after book one. If you have read the previous books in the series, you have to read this one too (also because there's a surprise in store for Gracie and Tucker which you don't want to miss). 
If you haven't read the previous books, you can still enjoy this one. 







AMAZON | B&N | ITUNES | SMASHWORDS |

Other books in the series: 


Wilde Riders




AMAZON | B&N | ITUNES | SMASHWORDS |

The Wilde One



AMAZON | B&N | ITUNES | SMASHWORDS |

A Wilde Night



AMAZON | B&N | ITUNES | SMASHWORDS |

  



a Rafflecopter giveaway




1 commenti:

  1. Thank you so much for taking the time to read and review my book. I appreciate it!
    Savannah Young

    ReplyDelete