Thursday, January 22, 2015

Blog tour: Once Loved by Cecy Robson


Once Loved
Shattered Past # 2
By: Cecy Robson
Releasing Jan 20th, 2015
Loveswept: Flirt



He’s the campus golden boy. She’s picking up the pieces of her broken past. But in Cecy Robson’s scorching novel of second chances—perfect for readers of Monica Murphy and J. Lynn—their differences only make their connection more explosive.

Every memory Lety Tres Santos has from her childhood comes with a scar—some emotional, some physical. Her father is an abusive drug addict, and her mother enables his destructive behavior. College offers Lety a fresh start . . . until her father finds a way to ruin that, too. Now, after losing her scholarship to kick off junior year, Lety must somehow stay in school, pay tuition, and turn a deaf ear to the whispers that follow her. And she intends to do it all without Brody Quaid’s help.

Brody is a lacrosse star, a 4.0 student—and as a freshman, he fell hard for the beautiful and spirited Lety. But their relationship crashed and burned because he couldn’t break through the walls she’s put up around her heart. With Lety hurting more than ever, Brody strives to win her back and make her believe in real love and true partnership. That will mean opening up secrets locked away in his own past—and trusting someone more than he’s ever dared.

Lety knows how painful it can be to depend on the wrong man. She also knows how much Brody wants to do this the right way. But it takes more than sizzling desire to move on and build a future together.







CECY ROBSON is the New Adult and Contemporary author of the Shattered Past series, and the award winning author of the Weird Girls Urban Fantasy Romance series. A self-proclaimed professional napper, Cecy counts among her talents a jaw-dropping knowledge of useless trivia, the ability to make her hair big, and a knack for breaking into song, despite her family’s vehement protests. A full-time writer, registered nurse, wife, and mother living in the South, Cecy enjoys spending time with her family and silencing the yappy characters in her head by telling their stories.




Hello Cecy! Welcome to Roberta’s Dreamworld and thank you for your time. First of all, tell us something about yourself, both as a writer and as a person.

Hi, Roberta! Thank you so much for welcoming me to your blog. I’m a registered nurse with a crazy fear of bats and the Headless Horseman, a hopeless romantic, and a lover of humor.

How/when did you realize you wanted to become a writer? 

Hmmm. It all sort of happened. After being an avid reader most of my life, on May 1, 2009 I decided to see if I could write a book. I never thought to become a writer and I had a problem calling myself that for a long time. Simply put, I fell in love with the written word and finally found an avenue for my over-active imagination. 

Let’s speak about “Once Loved”. We’ve read the synopsis but can you tell us a little more about what the book is about?

Lety Tres Santos is Mateo’s sister. Mateo was my hero in Once Perfect. She grew up in a violent household and is struggling to build a better life for herself. She meets Brody her first year of college. Although they become close friends, they don’t become more until the end of their first year. Their relationship ends when Lety takes Brody home to a family party and Brody gets a glimpse of what her world is like. Lety is humiliated by the experience and withdraws from Brody, but he refuses to let her go. Now it’s their junior year, and it’s clear they’ve been miserable apart. What Lety doesn’t realize is that as much as Brody seems perfect, he’s led a very imperfect life.

How did you come up with the idea and how did you create the characters?

My agent really enjoyed my character-driven stories. She wanted me to branch out into other genres and suggested New Adult since these type of novels focus so heavily on the characters, and the struggles they try to overcome. She asked me to come up with a few blurbs to stir my creative juices. Once Loved was one of the blurbs, and Once Perfect was the other. I liked the idea of having siblings in each novel thus Once Pure was also developed. Once Pure is about Sofia, the youngest of the Tres Santos siblings. Once I introduced them in Once Perfect, they each became their own person and I couldn’t wait to get to know them more. 

If you should describe your books in three words, what would you pick?

Powerful, heart-breaking, humorous.

Do you have any favorite authors and did they influence your choice of the genre?

I have many favorite authors most in the urban fantasy genre―Patricia Briggs, Gordon and Ilona Andrews, and Jim Butcher. They have influenced me because they’ve created such incredible and amazing characters.

What else do you enjoy doing, when you’re not writing? 

I love spending time with my family. I also love to read, but I’ll admit I haven’t had much time lately. 

As a writer do you get support from your family and friends?

Both my family and friends have been a tremendous source of support. I wouldn’t be published without my husband’s belief in me, or his push to keep me going. Thanks, babe!

What are your dreams and plans for your future as a writer?

I have other series in the works that I hope to have published. I also hope to one day to hit the NY Times and USA Today best-sellers lists. 

Would you like to say something to the readers to encourage them to read your books?

If you love to fall in love with characters, give my series a try. I’ve fallen hard and I hope you will, too.
Thank you so much for having me!



FACEBOOK | TWITTER | WEBSITE | TSU | GOOGLE+ |






AMAZON | B&N | ITUNES | KOBO |






$25.00 eGift Card to Choice Book Seller 
& Loveswept Mug 
with Romance at Random Nail Polish



a Rafflecopter giveaway




2 commenti:

  1. Thank you so much for hosting me, and for participating in the tour. I had fun answering your questions, and hope you enjoy Once Loved.

    ReplyDelete