Monday, January 19, 2015

Blog Tour: Too Hot To Handle by Katie Rose


Too Hot to Handle
The Boys of Summer # 2 
By: Katie Rose 
Releasing January 27th, 2015
Loveswept




Katie Rose’s Boys of Summer series returns for a delicious double-header—with the story of total opposites who are drawn to each other like moths to a flame.

Nikki Case is no fan of baseball. Her ex gambled away a fortune on the sport, and now her PR firm has tasked her with cleaning up the league’s most notorious bad boys. The New Jersey Sonics are known for wild womanizing and booze-fueled brawls, so Nikki expects the worst. Her first stop in the battle to win hearts and minds is star hitter Jake Baldwin—a legendary ladies man so smokin’ he threatens to melt her tough-girl armor.

Although his teammates prank her without mercy, Jake admires the way Nikki gives as good as she gets. She may be the queen of frost, but there’s kindling beneath those sultry curves—and he’s just the man to ignite it. But when a PR nightmare lands the Sonics in headlines across the country, Nikki is ready to walk. Only then does Jake realize how important she is to the Sonics’ success—and that winning the love of a good woman is no game.






Award-winning historical author Katie Rose makes her contemporary debut with the Boys of Summer novels, Bring on the Heat and Too Hot to Handle, which combine Katie’s true loves: baseball and romance! When not watching baseball, Katie is at her lake house in New Jersey, hard at work on her next book.



Hello Katie! Welcome to Roberta’s Dreamworld and thank you for your time. First of all, tell us something about yourself, both as a writer and as a person.

Hello! Hope you had a wonderful holiday. I am a single mother, with a grown daughter who is not only beautiful, but is a jewelry designer! Quite the benefit. For special birthday, she gave me a ring that she had designed herself and is absolutely gorgeous. I live in New Jersey in a lake house, and work for a Fortune 40 technology company. My daughter and I are taking care of a stray cat, the neighborhood birds, and an old gray mare.

How/when did you realize you wanted to become a writer

Like most writers, I was a reader first. Growing up, I was one of five kids in a rough and tumble household. It wasn’t very often I got to watch what I wanted on TV, so I read. Everything. I still do; it relaxes me the way nothing else does. Only now I keep a Kindle by my bedside instead of a paperback.
As a kid I would imagine stories, hear characters talking while I was cleaning the bathtub, or playing outside. In grammar school, I won a prize for writing, and the nuns told me I had talent. I paid attention to that; they didn’t pay compliments, so I took that feedback seriously.

Let’s speak about “Too Hot to Handle”. We’ve read the synopsis but can you tell us a little more about what the book is about?

I am doing a series that I love about the New Jersey Sonics, a fictitious baseball team. Too Hot to Handle is Jake’s story. He is the shortstop, and is not only handsome and funny, but the heart of the team. He meets his match in Nikki Case, the uptight PR rep hired to clean up the team’s image.

How did you come up with the idea and how did you create the characters?
Jake’s character began to evolve in the first book, Bring on the Heat. He was a friend to Chase Westbrook, ace pitcher for the Sonics. I have always loved men with a sense of humor, and Jake had that in spades. But I knew there was more to him, and he revealed that through the course of the story. There are layers to Jake, and a reason he had commitment issues with romantic relationships, something that Nikki helps him to resolve.
If you should describe your books in three words, what would you pick?
Funny, sexy, sweet.
Do you have any favorite authors and did they influence your choice of the genre?
I love Nora Roberts, and still read her regularly. It amazes me that she is so prolific, and yet her work is always good. Years ago, Kathleen Woodiwiss was the reason I started to read romance.I read lots of things, however, like James Herriot, Grisham. . . I look through Amazon and download whatever looks interesting.
What else do you enjoy doing, when you’re not writing?
I bought a house on a lake four years ago that was 50 years old. I’ve been doing a lot of renovations, learning as I go. In addition, I like to garden, and I have an old gray mare who is now 32 years old.
As a writer do you get support from your family and friends?
Absolutely. My daughter is one of the best plotters I know, and my best friend Marlene has always been helpful and supportive.
What are your dreams and plans for your future as a writer?
I love what I am doing. And reading positive feedback has been wonderful! I think every writer dreams of having their work appear on television or as a movie.
Would you like to say something to the readers to encourage them to read your books?
I think readers who like humor in their romances will enjoy The Boys of Summer series. One of the most interesting comments I have seen is that readers who didn’t like sports were surprised to enjoy a sports romance. While the game of baseball is definitely a defining characteristic of this series, it isn’t about the sport. The books are about the people.






AMAZON | B&N | ITUNES | KOBO |







$25.00 eGift Card to Choice Book Seller, Loveswept Mug
 and Romance at Random Nail Polish



a Rafflecopter giveaway






1 commenti: