Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Blog tour: Back In The Game by Lori Wilde


Back In the Game
Stardust, Texas # 1 
By: Lori Wilde 
Releasing February 24th, 2015
Avon


New York Times bestselling author Lori Wilde welcomes you to Stardust, Texas . . . where dreams come true and love is always right around the corner

Wanted: ghostwriter. Must be female, a baseball fan, and have a great pair of legs.

Ex-pitcher Rowdy Blanton never saw a woman he couldn't conquer or a team he couldn't beat. And now that he's off the field he's ready to tell all about when he played the field. So he chooses Breeanne Carlyle to do the job-she's got the requirements, but more important, there's something about her that makes him want to be a better man.

Convinced there's more to Rowdy than a good fastball, a wicked smile, and a tight pair of pants, Breeanne can't help but be tempted. After all, it's boring always being the good girl, and Rowdy dares her to be just a little bad. The stakes are high, but win or lose, this time Breeanne's breaking all the rules playing the game of love.







New York Times and USA Today bestselling author, Lori Wilde has sold seventy-eight works of fiction to four major New York Publishing houses. 
Her first NYT bestseller, the third book in her Twilight, Texas series, The First Love Cookie Club has been optioned for a television movie. The town of Granbury, Texas, upon which her fictional town of Twilight, Texas is loosely based, honors Lori with an annual Twilight, Texas weekend each Christmas. 
A popular writing instructor, Lori is a two time RITA finalist and has four times been nominated for Romantic Times Reviewer's Choice Award. She's won the Colorado Award of Excellence, the Wisconsin Write Touch Award, The Golden Quill, the Lories, and The More than Magic.




GOODREADS |



This was my second book by Lori Wilde (the first one being Christmas At Twilight – read my review here) and I’ll admit she surprised me with this one. Whereas Hutch and Meredith’s story was intense, poignant and deeply emotional, this one was lighthearted with a little bit of magic too. Not that it wasn’t emotional, because in some parts it totally was, but there were lots of scenes when I couldn’t help laughing out loud. 

Breeanne is awesome, in her nerdy and a little klutzy way. She’s a grown woman but, because she was sick for most of her life, she’s missed out on lots of things growing up and now she wants to make up for lost time… with a womanizer, nonetheless. A baseball star she’s had a crush on since she was twelve and who goes from one woman to the next without so much as blinking. I liked her determination and stubbornness, how she wanted to make her family understand she wasn’t the weak, fragile girl who went in and out of hospitals. Being a dreamer, a writer and bookworm myself, I could sort of identify with her, feeling her frustration when her career didn’t take off and when her parents and sisters didn’t support her dream. When she got the job as Rowdy’s ghostwriter I was like, “You go, girl!” I almost wished I could high-five her. There is a scene, during their first meet cute, where cheetah panties are involved… you’ll have to read the book to know what I’m talking about but suffice it to say I was laughing out loud! 

Rowdy. Now, I have mixed feelings about him. Womanizers are not my cup of tea as far as book boyfriends are concerned, but baseball players totally are (even though, unfortunately, baseball is no famous sport where I live… *sighs*) so when he first entered the picture it took me a while to warm up to him. I liked his witty remarks and the teasing, he was rather funny despite his reputation so I decided to give him a chance, especially since Nolan Ryan, his dog, was adorable! And dog lovers can’t be that bad, after all. :) When the story got personal and he opened up with Breeanne, I changed my mind and I liked him so much more than before. His personal background shaped the man he was, but there was no denying that Breeanne’s presence in his life turned him into a better man, and I was happy about it.

There was a lot of character growth in this book. Both the hero and the heroine go through a major change, and it was nice to go through it with them. I loved the happy ending, even though I’ll admit that just a little before that I wanted to slap Rowdy for the way he behaved with Breeanne after all hell broke loose. But then he did what he did (can’t tell you, sorry) and I finished the book with a smile on my face.

The book has some sexy scenes, one of them in particular is rather detailed, but for the most it’s a mix of teasing, innuendoes and lots of laughter and funny moments. It’s a really entertaining and romantic read, and if you’re a fan of sports romance (and baseball) you can’t miss this one.

I’m looking forward to the next book in the series, which is about one of Breeanne’s sisters. I hope we will also get to read Warwick’s story in one of the next books, because he was an interesting character who’d make for a good hero.














Print Bundle including: BACK IN THE GAME 
and Twilight Texas Series Books 1-5


a Rafflecopter giveaway





1 commenti:

  1. Hi there, thanks so much for featuring me today!

    ReplyDelete