Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Release day blitz: The Unwilling Executive by Miranda P. Charles

The Unwilling Executive

The Unwilling Executive (Captured by Love, Book 1)
Genre: Contemporary Romance 
Release Date: March 17th, 2015
Hosted by: Book Enthusiast Promotions




He doesn’t care about the wealth and opportunity his father offers.

Racing car mechanic Lucas Renner never expected his biological father to start acknowledging him as a son and only heir. He bet the old man has ulterior motives that has nothing to do with wanting to develop a relationship with him. He refuses to make contact with the man who has rejected him all his life… until his father’s message is hand-delivered by a blushing beauty who stirred him in the right places.

She cares about keeping her job.

Jade Tully thanks her lucky stars for her new role as the personal assistant to a wealthy CEO. Heaven knows she needs it. But she doesn’t anticipate getting entangled in the personal conflict between her eccentric boss and his extremely hunky son—a man who rattles her poise and melts her heart. She wants to help bring father and son together. But if she continues to do her boss’s bidding, would she lose Lucas’ trust and her chance to capture his heart?

The Unwilling Executive can be enjoyed as a stand-alone or as part of the Captured by Love series.

This book is for adults only. It contains hot sexual scenes.





I've loved reading romance novels since my early teenage years. My auntie used to send me boxes of her books and I would devour them one after another. Every so often, I would read a mystery or a suspense or a paranormal novel as I love those genres too. But romance is still my favourite.

For many years, I wrote technical and non-fiction materials for professional use and had only dreamt about writing a novel. Then, one day, after a period of binge-reading sexy romances, I decided to sit in front of my computer and start writing my first fiction book. The result? My debut novel, "Will To Love", the first in the hot and sexy Lifestyle by Design series. After that, I knew that I'd love to write more beautiful love stories.

I live in Sydney, Australia with my amazing husband who lovingly cheers me on in my journey as a writer.




WEBSITE | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | 

GOODREADS | HTC TV |




A commotion outside drew her attention. Someone must have knocked down a lady, who was now gathering what looked like pamphlets from the ground—chasing after some that were being blown by the breeze. Passers-by helped, and a tall, dark-haired man caught Jade’s eye.
He was good-looking. Extremely.
The guy turned his back to her as he stooped down to pick up a loose sheet. While he was wearing a business shirt, she could already picture a hard and muscular body underneath his clothes. He was pure male from the way he moved.
Jade rested her chin on her hands and continued to watch, enjoying her unexpected reaction to the stranger. It had been such a long time since someone attracted her enough to make her want to gape.
A gust of wind blew the paper he was trying to retrieve, causing Mr. Hot to face her way again.
Suddenly, he glanced up and caught her staring at him through the window.
Jade’s eyes widened before she found herself hastily averting her gaze up towards the ceiling, as if something there had captured her attention.
She almost laughed out loud when she realised what she’d done. Wow, she couldn’t remember the last time she’d behaved like that from being caught ogling.
A wait staff delivered her second latté. She smiled her thanks before looking out the window again. But Mr. Hot was nowhere to be seen.
Ah, damn. Why couldn’t she have smiled at him? She wasn’t shy around men.
She smirked. No she wasn’t usually shy unless the guy was really attractive—as in incredibly. Then she got flustered—an irritating reaction she’d been trying to change. But it hadn’t been easy making improvements in that area when she hardly stumbled across such men. She guessed she had ‘high standards’ when it came to who could make her blush.
Well, considering her luck with men, Mr. Hot was probably already taken anyway.
“Hi.”
Jade’s heart fluttered as she glanced up. Mr. Hot wasn’t outside because he was inside.
“Hi,” she responded.
“Jade Tully?”
Her jaw dropped. “Yes.”
“I apologise for being so late. I’m Lucas Renner.”
What? She’d expected to meet with a man close to her boss’s age of sixty-four. But the hunk in front of her seemed no older than thirty—about five years older than her, if she wasn’t mistaken.
“Seeing how tardy I’ve been, I can understand why you’re reluctant to shake my hand,” Mr. Hot said, his tone apologetic and teasing at the same time. It was kind of cute.
“Hi, Mr. Renner,” she said, rousing her addled brain and going for the handshake while her face burned. Ugh. Did she have to blush?
“Please call me Lucas,” he said as he sat on the chair opposite her. “I’m really sorry for making you wait. I was at another meeting that took much longer than expected. I didn’t have your contact details so I couldn’t update you. But thanks so much for waiting.”
“No problem,” she responded, her earlier annoyance dissipating. His excuse was understandable, she guessed.
A wait staff approached and offered Lucas a menu.
“What else would you like, Jade?” he asked.
“Oh, I’m fine, thanks.”
“Are you sure? I made you wait for so long that I owe you at least a cake or coffee. Please have another one with me,” Lucas said, smiling.
Her lips curved up in response. “Maybe I’ll have sparkling mineral water then.”
“Just that?”
“Yes, thanks.”
“Don’t you want something sweet to go with it?” Lucas asked, cocking his head to the side.
Was it her imagination or did Lucas’ tone drop a tad? And was that a flirtatious look he was giving her?
“Just that,” she said, taking a deep breath.
Lucas gave his order to the waitress, then leaned on the table, a charming smile still on his face.
“So, Jade, you’re here to interview me about my work?” Lucas said.
Jade’s eyebrows shot up in surprise. “Uh, no. I’m here to hand you this letter.”
Lucas frowned as he took the envelope from her. “Are these the interview questions?”
“I don’t know, actually. I was just told to give it to you and ask you to read it.” She fidgeted in her seat, getting uncomfortable. What the hell was this about?
Lucas tore the envelope open and pulled out a sheet of paper.
In a second, his friendly countenance disappeared, replaced by a glare of displeasure.
Eek.




AMAZON US | AMAZON UK | B&N | GOOGLE PLAY | 

IBOOKS | KOBO | ARE |




a Rafflecopter giveaway




0 commenti:

Post a Comment