Monday, May 11, 2015

Blog tour: That Thing You Do by Maria Geraci


That Thing You Do
Whispering Bay # 1 
By: Maria Geraci 
Releasing April 28th, 2015
TKA Distribution


Allie Grant doesn’t believe in second chances. She does, however, believe in the power of a permanent paycheck. So when a tipster reports that the soon-to-be demolished senior center in her hometown is haunted, Allie hightails it to Whispering Bay to get the scoop that could secure her dream job at Florida! magazine. What she finds, though, is far scarier than any ghost. Cue her ex-boyfriend, sexy construction foreman Tom Donalan.

When Tom catches Allie poking around his construction site, he quickly realizes his former high school flame is just as feisty as ever. And, heaven help him, her irresistible, mile-high legs still take his breath away. But Tom isn’t about to delay the building’s demolition because of a silly ghost story.

With neither of the stubborn exes backing down from their opposing positions, sparks fly. And, underneath the surface, the fire of their old attraction burns as hot as ever. When strange things start happening with increasing frequency around town, even a tough skeptic like Tom is tested. The question is, can Allie and Tom stop fighting long enough to get to the bottom of Whispering Bay’s ghost problem—and the more important matter of mending their broken hearts?






Maria Geraci writes contemporary romance and women’s fiction with a happy ending. The Portland Book Review called her novel, The Boyfriend of the Month Club, “immensely sexy, immensely satisfying and humorous.” Her fourth novel, A Girl Like You, was nominated for Romance Writers of America’s prestigious RITA ® award. She lives in north Florida with her family, which includes a very needy chihuahua, an extremely needy dachshund and a not-so-needy cat (guess which one she likes best?). You can reach at her www.mariageraci.com.



WEBSITE | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | GOODREADS |


The crowd had thinned down by the time Allie made it back inside the senior center. She watched as Tom deflated the air mattress, folded it into a square then punched it back inside the bag to make it fit. He glanced up to see Allie standing over him. 

“What made Steve Pappas give us the extension? I mean, is everything going to be okay with your job?”

“Sure, everything’s fine.” He shrugged. “It doesn’t make sense to go ahead with the demolition if we’re going to have to fight half the town to do it. Steve Pappas knows it’s good PR to hold off for a couple days. That way, everyone ends up happy.” He sounded convincing enough, but there was that twitchy thing he did with his mouth that made Allie think he wasn’t being one hundred percent honest with her.

“Look, I want you to know I appreciate everything you’ve done trying to help me with this ghost story, even though you’re not a believer and you have your own agenda here. So I was thinking, maybe we can start over? If this ghost exists, then I want to flush him out so I can write my story. And obviously, that’s in your best interest, too, because once we do that then there can’t be any more objections to the building coming down.”

“So what are you saying?”

“I’m saying, I don’t see why we can’t be on friendlier terms.”

“Friendlier?” 

“Not like this morning friendly, which for the record, I did not initiate. I just think we should be partners.”

“So now we’re the two musketeers? Did you really buy that little show out there? A ghost on top of the building? C’mon, Allie, you’re smarter than that.”

“Just because I didn’t see what everyone else saw doesn’t mean there wasn’t something there.” She bit her bottom lip. “I admit, I’m not sure what to think about Concerned Citizen.”

“Roger Van Cleave? You know his wife died last year.”

“What does that have to do with anything?”

“Roger doesn’t know what to do with himself and now this ghost thing has fallen right into his lap. I’m sure he thinks he saw a ghost. He probably even believes he wrote that letter, and maybe he did, but this is all just something to tick away the hours for a lonely old man.”

“How do you know all this?”

“He’s a member of Dad’s parish. Calls him three, four times a week with some suggestion or other for Sunday’s sermon. I helped patch his roof a few weeks ago. Kept me there all day plying me with iced tea and stories about the good old days.”

“That’s…that was really nice of you.” 

“Don’t look at me like that,” he said. “I’m not that nice. You should know that better than anyone.”

“What exactly are we talking about here—” Argh. She knew exactly what he was talking about. She was going to kill Zeke with her bare hands. “How many times do I have to tell you? You. Did. Not. Break. My. Heart. Got it?”

“Got it. No one broke anyone’s heart.” He paused and lowered his voice. “But I owe you an apology anyway.”

“If it makes you feel better, than by all means, go ahead. Add in some sack cloth and ashes while you’re at it.”

“Can you cut me a little slack here, Allie? This isn’t easy for me. Because the truth is, whenever I look at you it reminds me of a time in my life that I’m not so proud of. And then, there’s that other thing.”

“What other thing?”

“The fact that we both want to screw each other’s brains out.”

Her jaw dropped.

Phoebe Van Cleave appeared in the open doorway. “May I enter?” she asked in a loud dramatic voice. 

“Perfect timing,” Allie muttered under her breath. 

“Sure, why not? Come on in,” Tom said.

Phoebe glared at him. “I wasn’t speaking to you. I’m asking the ghost for permission.”

Tom laughed in that not nice way of his. “In that case, the ghost says wipe your feet before you come inside.”

Despite the tension between them, Allie couldn’t help but smile. Just a little.

“Make fun all you want,” Phoebe said. “I guarantee tomorrow night you won’t be so cocky.”





AMAZON | B& N | ITUNES | KOBO |












0 commenti:

Post a Comment