Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Blog tour: All of Me by Jennifer Bernard


All of Me
Love Between the Bases # 1 
By: Jennifer Bernard 
Releasing May 26th, 2015 
Avon



Jennifer Bernard, the USA Today bestselling author of the Bachelor Firemen series, scores another homerun with a brand-new series about sexy, single baseball players.

Playing for the Kilby Catfish is hotshot pitcher Caleb Hart’s last chance to salvage his career after a major league meltdown. But the day of his opener with the minor league team, Caleb strikes out with the gorgeous woman who is delivering a petition to run the unruly Catfish out of town. Now to stay in the lineup, Caleb will need to score big with the feisty brunette he can’t keep out of his thoughts.

After the nasty lies Sadie Merritt’s rich ex-boyfriend spread about her all over town, she’s lucky to have a job at all. She can’t afford to screw it up by falling for the player who is supposed to be helping her change the image of the fun-loving Catfish. But that’s easier said than done when Caleb’s voice alone is enough to make her pulse race. And when he surprises her with a mind-blowing kiss, she knows there’s no turning back.








Jennifer Bernard is the USA Today bestselling author of the Bachelor Firemen of San Gabriels series. She is a graduate of Harvard and a former news promo producer. The child of academics, she confounded her family by preferring romance novels to … well, any other books. She left big city life for true love in Alaska, where she now lives with her husband and stepdaughters. She’s no stranger to book success, as she also writes erotic novellas under a naughty secret name not to be mentioned at family gatherings.


Hello Jennifer! Welcome to Roberta’s Dreamworld and thank you for your time. First of all, tell us something about yourself, both as a writer and as a person.

Thank you so much for having me! I’m very happy to be here. I live on a homestead in Alaska, so that’s the first thing to know about me. Our place is right on the edge of wilderness, and it’s spectacular but also very rustic. We have running water but not HOT running water. But at least we have Internet. I’m really not sure I could live without Internet. I write contemporary romance that’s fun and sexy, with a strong emotional element as well. My first series was about firemen, and my new one features a wild-and-crazy minor league baseball team called the Kilby Catfish. 

How/when did you realize you wanted to become a writer? 

I never really dreamed about any other occupation! Writing has been a passion since I wrote my first poem as a little kid. I’ve made my living as a writer since my first job, which was updating encyclopedia entries. (Glamorous, right?) For years I wrote promos for local newscasts, which taught me how to work on a deadline. Three deadlines a day will either make you crazy or get you hooked on the adrenaline. Though I’m a romance reader from way back, I only started writing romance novels about eight years ago. It’s the best choice I could have made, because I truly love the genre.

Let’s speak about “All of Me”. We’ve read the synopsis but can you tell us a little more about what the book is about?

All of Me kicks off the Love Between the Bases series, which follows a minor league baseball team in Kilby, Texas. Caleb Hart is a brilliant pitcher who had a meltdown in his third game in the Majors. He’s been sent down to the Minor League team to get his act together. He meets Sadie Merritt, the mayor’s assistant, when she delivers a petition to get the rambunctious Catfish to leave town. She’s recovering from her own personal disaster, with her rich ex-boyfriend doing his best to smear her reputation. The last thing she needs is to get involved with a hotshot athlete, but when she and Caleb are assigned to work together to clean up the Catfish’s image, she can’t resist the overwhelming attraction between them. 

How did you come up with the idea and how did you create the characters?

One of my favorite movies of all time is Bull Durham, which was a major inspiration for this series. I wanted to write about characters on the edge of something, whether it’s destiny or disaster, or both. The minor leagues don’t have that intense media spotlight. They’re about finding a belief in yourself that propels you to the next level. The characters are in that stage when they’re discovering who they are, and what their true destiny will be. 

If you should describe your books in three words, what would you pick?

Steamy. Fun. Touching. 

Do you have any favorite authors and did they influence your choice of the genre?

Is it inappropriate to call Jane Austen the original gangsta of romance? She was always my favorite author, along with Louisa May Alcott (Little Women). Both of those authors had many themes and elements beyond romance. But the moments that stood out for me were the romantic ones, so that’s what I feel inspired to create in my writing. Those delicious, juicy, sappy moments you spend the whole book waiting for – that’s what I love. So when I stumbled across the romance genre in the form of Nora Roberts and Susan Elizabeth Phillips, I knew I’d found my kind of books.  

What else do you enjoy doing, when you’re not writing? 

There’s always something to do on this crazy homestead of ours. Right now we’re building a Japanese bath-house for saunas and such. I’m a longtime lover of yoga and take time every day for practice. I like to hike in the hills around here; we came across bear tracks the other day. And of course I read obsessively. Right now I’m reading baseball books for research purposes. There’s a lot of wonderful writing about baseball. 

As a writer do you get support from your family and friends?

I get plenty of loving support from my family, but bless their hearts, they don’t really understand the ins and outs of the crazy endeavor that is writing. For that, you need other writer-friends, and I’m lucky to have made some wonderful ones since I started writing romance. It’s a very supportive community and thank God for that, because this is a tough business. 

What are your dreams and plans for your future as a writer?

I’m going to borrow a baseball cliche and say, “Just keep writing, one book a time, and hopefully it will all work out.”  

Would you like to say something to the readers to encourage them to read your books?

I love writing my books so much, I have to believe that passion will transfer to the reader.  I believe that every bit of joy matters in this world.  My desire is to make people happy. If you finish one of my books with a warm feeling in your heart, I’ve done my job.  





When Sadie glanced back over her shoulder, Caleb was chatting with two guys who must be fans, the way they were staring up at him in awe. She let out a long breath, grateful that she still had the ability to inhale and exhale. Caleb Hart was completely outside her experience. She’d known plenty of guys, of course. Boys at high school, boys at Kilby Community College. And the boy who’d ruined her life, Hamilton Wade. 

But not even Hamilton had caused her heart to do this crazy cartwheeling Caleb inspired. She’d been swept off her feet by Ham, but in an awestruck, what-does-he-see-in-me way. He hadn’t made her hands damp and her thoughts scurry every which way like an anthill someone had stepped on. 

Caleb had caught her at a vulnerable time in her life, that was all. There was a rational explanation for this crazy sensation, as if the ground wasn’t quite stable under her feet. Maybe there was a medical explanation, like vertigo. Or maybe Donna had spiked that White Russian. For sure, she couldn’t risk another devastating humiliation at the hands of a man. 

She found Donna leaning on the bar, talking to Mike. “Donna, I have to go home. I told my mom I wouldn’t stay out too late.”

Donna turned a beaming, blurry smile on her. “Mike was just explaining the benefits of celibacy to me. Did you know it could raise my batting average by fifty points?”  

Sadie smiled at Mike, who winked. “Thanks, Mike. It was nice to meet you, but I’m going to take Donna home now.”

She couldn’t help looking for Caleb as she herded Donna toward the exit. As one of the tallest men in the room, and the one all the girls kept checking out, he was hard to miss. By the time she reached the door, three girls had joined the two other fans. He leaned against the wall, listening patiently to the little knot of admirers. The low light created shadows under his cheekbones and made the stubborn line of his jaw stand out. A slight smile tugged at one corner of his mouth. 

His eyes shifted so he caught her gaze in a sudden flash of steely silver. The half smile turned into a full-voltage grin that transformed his face into something that belonged on a movie screen. Her knees nearly buckled, but she couldn’t for the life of her stop the smile that spread across her face. 

She gave him an awkward little wave, then nearly tripped over Donna, who had stopped to adjust her halter top. 

Donna staggered, then grabbed onto a nearby table. Sadie hauled her back to her feet and then, her face burning, glanced again at Caleb. 

His smile broadened even further. He put his hand to his ear in a “Call me” gesture, then pointed from himself to her. 

Oh my God. He was going to call her. 




AMAZON | B&N | BAM | IBOOKS | KOBO |







a Rafflecopter giveaway





1 commenti:

  1. Thank you for hosting ALL OF ME! and Jennifer!

    ReplyDelete