Monday, June 1, 2015

Blog tour: All The Right Places by Jenna Sutton


All the Right Places
Riley O’Brien & Co. # 1
By: Jenna Sutton  
Releasing June 2, 2015
Berkley



The first in a brand new contemporary romance series starring the men and women who are determined to keep the billion-dollar denim dynasty, Riley O’Brien & Co, on top, but aren’t about to let success stand in the way of love…

Amelia Winger is a small-town girl with big dreams of becoming a successful designer. So when she gets a gig designing accessories for denim empire Riley O’Brien & Co., it’s a dream come true. Amelia can handle the demanding job, but she isn’t quite prepared for sexy CEO Quinn O’Brien. She’s doing her best to keep things professional, but the attraction sparking between them makes it personal. And so does the secret project she's working on behind his back...

Quinn’s not interested in the new accessories, but he is interested in the woman designing them. Amelia is smart, sexy, and talented, and he hasn’t been able to stop thinking about her since they met. Mixing business and pleasure isn’t wise, but that doesn’t stop him from coming up with excuses to spend time with her. He thinks he understands the risk he’s taking when he gets involved with Amelia. But he doesn’t know he’s risking a lot more than his heart.









Jenna Sutton spent most of her career as an award-winning journalist covering business-related topics including healthcare, commercial real estate, retail, and technology.  Nowadays she writes about hot, lovable guys and the smart, sexy women who make them crazy. It’s the culmination of a lifelong dream, and she feels so lucky to be able to do it.

Jenna has a Bachelor’s degree in Journalism from Texas Christian University and a Master’s degree in Integrated Marketing Communications from Northwestern University.  
Jenna and her husband live in a 103-year-old house in Texas.



Hello Jenna! Welcome to Roberta’s Dreamworld and thank you for your time. First of all, tell us something about yourself, both as a writer and as a person.

Hi, Roberta. Thank you for having me!

I started reading romances at a young age – way too young, in fact! I love the romance genre, and when I occasionally read something else, I am reminded that a happy ending is not the same as a happily ever after. And don’t get me started on the ending of Gillian Flynn’s GONE GIRL. That completely traumatized me!

Before I decided to write a romance, I worked as a journalist. So in a way, I’ve always been a writer, but I wrote fact rather than fiction. My life as a journalist gave me a great foundation for fiction writing because I’ve been outlining, researching, and meeting deadlines for more than a decade. My life as a journalist also gave me a lot of ideas for books.

I’m married to a great guy, and we live in Texas in a historic house that we affectionately call “The Money Pit” – a reference to the old Tom Hanks and Shelley Long movie.

How/when did you realize you wanted to become a writer?

Although I’d always had the desire to write romance, I didn’t want to write a book that no one would be able to read because of lack of distribution. I started to change my mind when indie publishing became more popular, but the real catalyst was an email from Media Bistro advertising a romance writing class with best-selling author Sarah MacLean. I saw it as a sign that I should finally try to write a book. I expected to self-publish ALL THE RIGHT PLACES, but my husband and my critique partners encouraged me to query agents, and I ended up getting a book deal with Berkley.

Let’s speak about “ALL THE RIGHT PLACES”. We’ve read the synopsis but can you tell us a little more about what the book is about?

Around the world, people wear Riley O’Brien & Co.’s iconic jeans, known as Rileys.

Unfortunately, competition from designer denim is eroding the company’s market share, and the women’s division is in really bad shape. Quinn O’Brien, the great-great grandson of the company’s founder, is currently running the business, and he reluctantly partners with up-and-coming designer Amelia Winger for a new line of accessories. Quinn views the partnership as a last ditch attempt to salvage the women’s division. Amelia, however, views the partnership as one piece of a larger plan—one that Quinn knows nothing about. She fights her attraction to Quinn, not only because of their professional relationship, but also because she’s working behind his back. But Quinn is very hard to resist.

How did you come up with the idea and how did you create the characters?

Proof that inspiration can be found anywhere: the idea for ALL THE RIGHT PLACES came from a bumper sticker. My husband and I were coming back from a shopping trip to Target (which receives at least 10 percent of our annual household income, no kidding), and as we sat at a stop light, I noticed the bumper sticker on the car in front of us. It advocated breast cancer awareness, and it said: Save the Tatas.

I pointed out the bumper sticker to my husband, and he pointed out that there are a lot of words for breasts. And then he oh-so-helpfully proceeded to name them all: boobs, hooters, jugs, melons, rack, tits… oh, the list just goes on and on.

And then I started thinking that there were a lot of words for butt, too: ass, backporch, badonkadonk, booty, caboose, derrière… again, so many words, so little time.

That thought led me to another – listing the synonyms for butt would be a fun beginning to a romance novel. But who would be thinking about butts all the time? And then it came to me – someone who was involved in the clothing business.

And the most popular clothing for butts? Jeans.

It just so happens that I attended a conference on small cap companies while reporting for a business magazine several years ago. I sat next to a Wall Street analyst who focused on apparel companies. Over a lunch of rubbery chicken, I got a crash course on designer denim and the impact small apparel companies were making on large jeans manufacturers. Companies like Levis, Wrangler, and Lee are having a hard time holding on to market share. They’re losing customers, and they’re trying to stay competitive and relevant.

That’s how I came up with the idea for the idea for series, and the characters quickly took shape after that.

If you should describe your books in three words, what would you pick?

Smart. Sexy. Fun.

Do you have any favorite authors and did they influence your choice of the genre?

For a long time, my favorite author list remained unchanged. Lisa Kleypas and Rachel Gibson were at the very top of that list, and they’ve definitely influenced my writing. Kleypas’ BLUE-EYED DEVIL and Gibson’s SEE JANE SCORE rank in my top 5 romances of all time. I also adore Anne Stuart’s books, especially her Ice series, and Elizabeth Hoyt, who writes sex scenes that melt my… e-reader. Recently, I’ve added to my favorite list. Late last year I came across Penelope Douglas, and I immediately fell in love with her New Adult series called Falling Away. The third book in that series, RIVAL, now occupies a spot on my top romances list. And Elle Kennedy is a new favorite with her Off Campus series. The first book, THE DEAL, gave me a great book hangover.

What else do you enjoy doing, when you’re not writing?

As you’ve probably surmised, I love to read. My favorite thing to do is hang out with my husband, regardless of what we’re doing. He makes everything fun, even laundry. I recently started practicing yoga, and I really enjoy that, even if I am embarrassingly graceless. And after an entire lifetime of not liking sports, I’ve turned into a huge football fan… proof that people really can change!

As a writer do you get support from your family and friends?

My family and friends provide more support than an underwire bra! Seriously, I am so blessed. My husband has been amazingly supportive about my writing career. My sister, Steffanie, was with me every step of the way as I wrote ALL THE RIGHT PLACES. My mom brags to everyone she knows that her daughter is a romance novelist, and my friends do the same thing. And I have a great group of critique partners who encourage me and cheer me on while also providing invaluable insight and feedback.

What are your dreams and plans for your future as a writer?

My dream is that readers will connect with my writing and my characters. I hope that I can be someone’s favorite author, and I also hope that I have many years of ideas and books ahead of me. The second book in the Riley O’Brien & Co. series, COMING APART AT THE SEAMS, is scheduled for publication on Dec. 1, 2015, and the third book, HANGING BY A THREAD, should be out in spring 2016.

Would you like to say something to the readers to encourage them to read your books?

If you enjoy books with lovable characters, witty diagloue, sizzling sex, and authentic feelings and emotion, give ALL THE RIGHT PLACES a shot.



WEBSITE | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | GOODREADS |








AMAZON US | AMAZON UK | B&N |

ITUNES | KOBO | PUBLISHER |













1 commenti:

  1. Thank you for hosting ALL THE RIGHT PLACES and Jenna Sutton!

    ReplyDelete