Thursday, June 4, 2015

Blog tour: When Love Happens by Darcy Burke


When Love Happens
Ribbon Ridge # 3 
By: Darcy Burke
Releasing May 26th, 2015
Avon Impulse



In a town as small as Ribbon Ridge and with a family as large as the Archers, even the best kept secrets don’t stay buried for long...

Tori Archer is married…well, on paper anyway. She hasn’t actually seen her husband since the disastrous morning after their impulsive Vegas wedding. The memories of their intense passion may still make her weak in the knees, but Tori knows their marriage was a mistake.

After six months filming abroad, television producer Sean Hennessy wants nothing more than to track down his sexy, captivating wife and get her into bed… fast. So when his boss sends him to Oregon to persuade the famous Archer sextuplets-the former stars of a reality TV show-to do a reunion special, Sean sees the perfect chance to win Tori back.

Only, Tori wants nothing to do with him and is determined to push him away. But their attraction is as hot as ever and Sean will do anything to prove their relationship was more than just a fling…because he knows that when real love happens, it changes everything.





Darcy Burke is the USA Today bestselling author of hot, action-packed historical and sexy, emotional contemporary romance. Darcy wrote her first book at age 11, a happily-ever-after about a swan addicted to magic and the female swan who loved him, with exceedingly poor illustrations.
A native Oregonian, Darcy lives on the edge of wine country with her guitar-strumming husband, their two hilarious kids-who each seem to have inherited the writing gene in some form-and two Bengal cats. In her "spare" time Darcy is a serial volunteer enrolled in a 12-step program where one learns to say "no," but she keeps having to start over. Her happy places are Disneyland and Labor Day weekend at the Gorge.



Hello Darcy! Welcome to Roberta’s Dreamworld and thank you for your time. First of all, tell us something about yourself, both as a writer and as a person.

Writing is both my passion and my job—a job I love and am so grateful for! I’ve been a word nerd as long as I can remember. Just ask my third grade teacher. I corrected her misspelling of Pittsburgh on the board (she left off the h). I am a mom, a wife, a daughter, a sister, an aunt, and a serial volunteer. Since writing full-time the past three years, I’ve done much better at learning to say no, but sometimes it’s really hard!

How/when did you realize you wanted to become a writer?

As I said above, I’ve always identified as being a word nerd. I remember learning words in first grade and repeating those words over and over in my head because I just liked the sound of them. I tried to write my first romance novels in high school, and after college, I did a lot of professional writing (technical writing, marketing communications, and a variety of other mediums). “Romance writer” was always in the back of my mind as my ultimate goal.

Let’s speak about “WHEN LOVE HAPPENS”. We’ve read the synopsis but can you tell us a little more about what the book is about?

WHEN LOVE HAPPENS is the story of how a young woman (and her family) move on with life after a devastating tragedy. Sometimes it seems like happiness will never find you again or that you maybe even don’t deserve it. This book is a romance between two people who didn’t plan on falling in love, but what can you do when love happens? ;)

How did you come up with the idea and how did you create the characters?

WHEN LOVE HAPPENS is the third full-length novel in my Ribbon Ridge series. Set in a small town in Oregon’s wine country, the series is about a family of sextuplets and the seventh “oops” kid, plus an adoptive brother who appears in the prequel novella. I came up with the idea for the series on a very cold winter night during a writing retreat as I was shivering in bed WITHOUT HEAT. It was a rather sleepless night, perfect for inspiration! Looking back, it’s a wonder I didn’t end up writing some sort of thriller given the heatlessness, the gas smell in the main house, and the strangely situated knife in a kitchen cabinet, as if it had been tucked there in case someone needed it in a pinch. All in all, it was a bit creepy! Or at least gothic.

If you should describe your books in three words, what would you pick?

Emotional, sexy, satisfying.

Do you have any favorite authors and did they influence your choice of the genre?

It’s funny, but I hadn’t read a ton of contemporary romance before I came up with the idea for Ribbon Ridge. I’d read historical romance since I was a teenager and have written several books in that genre. I’d also started a paranormal series that I hope to publish some day (when I get some, ahem, free time—wait, what’s that???). Ribbon Ridge literally hit me out of nowhere, and it came to me so fully formed. I made a point of reading some contemporary romance after that! I think Susan Elizabeth Phillips is absolutely fantastic, and I really enjoy Violet Duke, Skye Jordan, and Catherine Bybee.

What else do you enjoy doing, when you’re not writing?

I enjoy hanging out with my kids—we have a great time together. I also run, but wait, you asked me what I enjoy doing! (I actually do enjoy running . . . sometimes.) I love to spend time with friends and family, and an evening on the couch with my hubby drinking a glass of Oregon pinot noir and watching Grimm is pretty blissful.

As a writer do you get support from your family and friends?

I do. My mom and my daughter are probably my biggest fans (and my daughter isn’t even old enough yet to read my books!). They both sell my books at every opportunity. It is very sweet and humbling.

What are your dreams and plans for your future as a writer?

I just hope I can write until the stories run dry (which would be never, so I guess that means forever!) and that I can continue to grow and evolve in my storytelling. I used to say I would only ever write historical romance, but clearly that isn’t true! I’ve loved stretching myself and stepping outside my comfort zone, which is not easy for me. I’m just open to whatever the future holds!

Would you like to say something to the readers to encourage them to read your books?

If you like an emotional escape with some fun dialogue and a bit of sexy heat, then my books are for you. My historicals also tend to carry a thread of suspense and/or action-adventure. I like exploring family dynamics and all of the events and emotions that make “real” life worth living and loving.

Thank you for having me as your guest today!!



WEBSITE | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | GOODREADS |




AMAZON US | AMAZON UK | B&N |

ITUNES | KOBO | PUBLISHER |







a Rafflecopter giveaway




1 commenti: