Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Blog tour: Cuff Me by Lauren Layne


CUFF ME
New York's Finest #3
Lauren Layne
Releasing on March 29th, 2016
Forever: Grand Central




Vincent knows he's not the most charming of the Moretti brothers. He prefers brooding to flirting, reading to talking, and he sure as hell isn't about to give into his mother's insistence that he 'settle down with a nice girl.' Luckily, Vincent's gig as one of the NYPD's top homicide detectives keeps him busy. As does his long-time partner, Jill Henley–a tough-as-nails cop with the face of an angel and smart mouth that makes Vincent crazy in all the worst ways.

After six years of working the homicide beat with the tight-lipped Vincent Moretti, Jill figure she knows him better than anyone. Which is not at all. But when their most recent case points to a potential serial-killer situation, the higher-ups send them on a rare undercover mission to a place no NYPD officer dares go: the Upper Eastside.

Now the bureau's most antagonistic set of partners is posing as Mr. and Mrs. Brooks of Park Avenue. Spending 24/7 in the suspect's territory brings them closer and closer to their killer . . . and closer to each other. Soon Vincent and Jill are playing good cop/bad cop in and out of bed, and Jill's falling hard. But can she convince Vincent to give her a shot as partner in life, as well as at the bureau?




It’s official: grumpy detective Vincent Moretti is my new favorite Moretti, and let me tell you this has come as a shock to me. I hadn’t loved Luc’s story (first book in the series) but I’d very much enjoyed Anth’s story (book 2), to the point I’d thought I wouldn’t be able to warm up to Vincent since I’d already decided that Anthony was my favorite. As it turned out, Vincent wins the Favorite Moretti Cup hands down because he’s a super cute grouch who made me want more than once to jump into the book and give him a comforting hug. Sure, he acts like a loner and a very grumpy and insensitive man, but finally being able to be inside his mind helped me discover another side of him: a shy, a little insecure kid who thought he’d never fit in with the rest of the world—and my heart went out to him. Because he doesn’t think he knows how to love, he’s willing to take a step back and let Jill have her own happy-ever-after even though it kills him—and that was the thing that truly won me over.

Jill has been waiting forever for Vincent to notice her as more than just his partner in the NYPD. She wanted the fairy tale wedding and her own happy ending, but once she realized she was never going to have it with Vin, she accepted the next best thing: a wonderful, loving and handsome guy named Tom. He’s every woman’s dream, he’s the perfect Prince Charming but she can’t seem to be able to get over grumpy Detective Moretti, even though he’s never given her any sign of wanting more from her.

So Vin is pining after Jill, without knowing that Jill is pining after Vin even though she’s engaged and supposed to be happily in love with her fiancĂ©—not with her partner. And all while working to solve a mysterious case of a celebrity death they can’t seem to be able to figure out. Wow. What a ride! This book has it all: romantic moments, tension, mystery, edge of your seat moments, steamy scenes (yeah, maybe a little too much for my liking, but anyway) and romantic moments I never thought I’d witness grumpy Vincent Moretti create. He’s a grouch with a soft side well hidden underneath his armor, but his attempts at romanticism made me smile and warmed my heart. He was adorable when he went out of his comfort zone to make Jill happy.

I wasn't particularly happy about the way they started out their relationship, and I would've enjoyed the story even without the descriptive sex scenes (you'll find out the reason for the title at one specific point in their relationship), but that's just my prudish self talking.

I liked meeting the rest of the Moretti again (especially Nonna), and seeing how they all came together to help Vin with his heartbreak. I was also happy to meet Marco, the only brother who’s not in New York, and who didn’t appear in the previous books, and I’m looking forward to reading his story, too. I would've liked a little bit more of the two of them together, once the Morettis found out, maybe get an epilogue. When I reached the end I was a little disappointed to realize I wasn't going to get a few more chapters. 

If you’re a fan of Lauren Layne, it goes without saying you’ll love this book, too. If you’ve yet to discover her books, this might be a good one to start, as the author’s trademark witty, fast-paced style with lots of funny banter and steamy scenes can be found in this book, too.  







Amazon | B& N | GooglePlay | iTunes | Kobo |



Lauren Layne is the USA Today Bestselling author of more than a dozen contemporary romance novels.
Prior to becoming an author, Lauren worked in e-commerce and web-marketing. A year after moving from Seattle to NYC to pursue a writing career, she had a fabulous agent and multiple New York publishing deals. 
Lauren currently lives in Manhattan with her husband and plus-sized Pomeranian. When not writing, you'll likely find her running (rarely), reading (sometimes), or at happy hour (often).


| WebsiteFacebook | Twitter |

Goodreads | Instagram | Pinterest |


Want More Moretti's?

Frisk Me
(New York's Finest #1)

Amazon | B & N | iTunes | Kobo |



STEAL ME
(New York's Finest #2) 


Amazon | B & N | iTunes | Kobo |



1 commenti: